Muslim Terrorists Slaughter and Kidnap Dozens for ‘Not Practicing the True Teachings of Islam’ During Friday Prayer

The silence by the international community is devastating just endless condemnation of the Jewish nation defneding itself against this very thing – jihad terror.

Jihadists slaughter and kidnap dozens of people for ‘not practicing the true teachings of Islam’ during Friday prayers in Nigeria

By Sabrina Penty, Daily Mail, August 23, 2026:

ADVERTISEMENT

Jihadists have kidnapped and slaughtered scores of people in an attack during Friday prayers in central Nigeria.

The exact toll of the attacks, which also hit the village of Binzi in Niger State, was unknown, federal representative Jafaru Mohammed said.

Jibril Ahmad, a civilian who survived the attack, said: ‘Soon after finishing the normal Friday prayer, the armed group of Lakuwara, in their hundreds, wielding guns, knives and machetes, began to attack us.’

‘They slaughtered some of our people, saying we are not practising the true teachings of Islam,’ Ahmad added.

Some are understood to have escaped when another jihadist group, known as Mahmuda, started clashing with the militants.

ADVERTISEMENT

It was also confirmed today that armed men abducted over 60 worshippers from a nearby mosque.

Police spokesperson Wasiu Abiodun said the attackers stormed Kpenya Mosque in the Dekara district of the Borgu local government area at about 2pm on Friday after first attacking Gidan-Zana and Kpenya villages.

‘The developing report indicated that no life was lost, while joint security detachment has been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations,’ Abiodun said in a statement.

A resident told Reuters the attack appeared coordinated and occurred simultaneously in Dekara and three other communities in Borgu while residents were observing Friday prayers. Reuters could not immediately verify the account independently.

Africa’s most populous country is battling a 17-year insurgency by jihadist groups, who have made such abductions a key tactic – including the 2014 kidnapping of hundreds of schoolgirls in the town of Chibok.

The insurgency is concentrated in the northeast, though Friday’s attack was in the west of the country, an area that has seen increased activity by armed groups and militants from the Sahel as the conflict has splintered.

Jihadists have kidnapped and slaughtered scores of people in an attack during Friday prayers in central Nigeria. File image shows a Nigerian jihadist in 2014

ADVERTISEMENT

Some of the jihadi militants in Nigeria have presented themselves as an alternative to the government in areas with limited government and security presence.

A key issue in Nigeria is the poor welfare of the country’s overstretched and underpaid security forces, which President Bola Tinubu has sought to address by recently announcing pay rises and mass recruitment for the military.

The latest kidnapping comes just weeks after 163 kidnapped Nigerians were rescued from jihadi captivity.

The freed captives, mostly women and children, were handed over to authorities by security forces in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State, earlier this month.

The Nigerians were abducted on February 3 when jihadi militants stormed the village of Woro, killing over 160 others.

February’s attack was one of the deadliest in Nigeria in recent years, and showed how militants who had previously focused their activities in the north are moving south through Africa’s most populous nation, where gangs compete for territory and control of natural resources in villages where they outnumber the country’s overstretched security forces.
Continued……

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.

or

Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

ADVERTISEMENT
Quick note: We cannot do this without your support. Fact. Our work is made possible by you and only you. We receive no grants, government handouts, or major funding. Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here.

Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here— it’s free and it’s essential NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.

Follow Pamela Geller on Gettr. I am there. click here.

Follow Pamela Geller on
Trump's social media platform, Truth Social. It's open and free.

Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spammy or unhelpful, click the ... symbol to the right of the comment to let us know. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

 

ADVERTISEMENT
Thanks for sharing!