Gavin Newsom Sends Chilling Message If Top Two Candidates in Gubernatorial Primary Are Both Republican: ‘there is a break the glass scenario’The California primary is on June 2. The Governor’s recent comment:
“We all have agencies. We can shape the future. There’s still a lot. Look, I’ve said this before, so I’ll repeat it. I don’t anticipate this need to be the case, but there is a break the glass scenario and there’s many people that have a deep understanding of what it would look like if Democrats were locked out and we’re going to do everything to make sure that doesn’t happen.” Scott Jennings of Salem Media responds: Now, I want you to think about what they always say about Trump, that he is a threat to democracy, that he doesn’t respect the will of the voters. And what you just heard there, Gavin Newsom saying that if the primary doesn’t turn out the way he wants, that they’ve got an emergency plan to keep Republicans from assuming power. Well, it’s pretty incredible stuff and pretty chilling when you add it to what Democrats are arguing they will do to the Supreme Court and other levers of power should they regain the White House in 2028. Trump exercises his will in elections, but Democrats, well, apparently they plan to exercise power through decidedly non-democratic means ( Scott Jennings).
Politics
Gavin Newsom reveals ‘break glass’ emergency plan to block Republican governorADVERTISEMENTBy Annie Gaus, NY Post, May 14, 2026:
Gov. Gavin Newsom said he has a secret “break the glass” plan to prevent California from electing a Republican governor — though he’s stubbornly refused to make an endorsement in the race to succeed him.
The governor revealed the secret contingency plan to prevent two Republicans from advancing in the governor election — as polls show Trump-endorsed Steve Hilton near the top of the field in the packed race.
California Gov. Gavin Newsom speaks about his state budget proposal.
Newsom alluded to “action efforts” behind the scenes to make sure Democrats aren’t locked out of the governor’s race, saying he “making my case” to “encourage that doesn’t happen.”
ADVERTISEMENTRecent surveys show Democratic frontrunner Xavier Becerra and Hilton as favorites among registered voters, with billionaire Tom Steyer, Republican Riverside Sheriff Chad Bianco and Democrat Katie Porter trailing a few points behind.
The top two vote getters in the June 2 primary election will advance to the November general election.
Newsom has repeatedly declined to weigh in on the race to succeed him.
Asked for his thoughts on Becerra, who was California attorney general for the first two years of his term, Newsom awkwardly dodged the question and insisted he was “focused on diapers” at a San Francisco press conference last week.
Newsom allies, such as top political aide Lindsey Cobia, have reportedly rallied around Becerra’s candidacy in recent weeks after the stunning implosion of disgraced ex-congressman Eric Swalwell’s frontrunner campaign for governor.
“I see a lot of good Democrats I’ve worked with for years and years making their case,” Newsom said Thursday after unveiling his latest budget proposal.
California Democrats have also hatched a plan to change the primary system after anxiety broke out about a Democratic lockout this year.
ADVERTISEMENTPolitical consultant Steve Maviglio filed a petition last week seeking a return to the pre-2010 primary system in which separate primaries are held for each party.
Under that system, two candidates — one Republican and one Democrat — advance to the general election.
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
![]()
or
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.
ADVERTISEMENTQuick note: We cannot do this without your support. Fact. Our work is made possible by you and only you. We receive no grants, government handouts, or major funding.Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here.
Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here— it’s free and it’s essential NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.
Follow Pamela Geller on Gettr. I am there. click here.
Follow Pamela Geller on Trump's social media platform, Truth Social. It's open and free.
Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.
Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spammy or unhelpful, click the ... symbol to the right of the comment to let us know. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.





recent Comments