News Ticker >
[ October 15, 2019 ]

20,000 Sign Petition Demanding BBC Remove ‘Pleasure Marriages’ Expose On How Iraqi Muslim Clerics Sell...

[ October 15, 2019 ]

ANOTHER ISLAMIC SCHOOL TORTURE CHAMBER: 300 students freed where they were chained up and raped,...

[ October 15, 2019 ]

France: Two Muslims Sentenced to 25+ Years in Prison for Notre Dame Jihad Attack

[ October 15, 2019 ]

Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg meets Never Trumper “Conservatives,” while decimating pro-Trump, anti-jihad sites like Geller Report

[ October 15, 2019 ]

Lebanese TV Host Joumana Haddad on Racism in the Arab World: We Are Tenth, not...

[ October 15, 2019 ]

Impeaching Trump Would Establish ‘Intelligence Community Veto over Elections’

[ October 15, 2019 ]

Jewish flag at Falmouth synagogue

[ October 14, 2019 ]

Massive pro-Trump national rally set for Oct. 17

[ October 14, 2019 ]

JW Investigation: Ousted Ukraine Ambassador Ordered State Dept. to Monitor Journalists, Trump Allies Including Pamela...

[ October 14, 2019 ]

ABC News Airs U.S. Gun Range Video, Calling It a Syrian War Zone — Twice

Five Female Jihadis Go To Trial For Attacking Notre Dame

23

No media. No coverage. Like it never happened. But 5,000 tools showed up to protest 5G. And millions of children protested ‘fossil fuels’ and global weather  last week. I kid you not. The left has us in an information choke-hold – academia, media, entertainment

Suspected female jihadists on trial for botched terror attack on Paris’s Notre-Dame Cathedral
65 shares

France 23, September 23, 2019:

Geoffroy Van Der Hasselt, AFP file picture | French soldiers of the Sentinel Operation stand alert outside the Notre-Dame de Paris cathedral in Paris, on August 20, 2017

Five women go on trial at a special Paris court on Monday for attempting to blow up a car near Notre-Dame Cathedral in 2016 in what prosecutors say was a failed jihadist attack.
Advertising

The women, now between the ages of 22 and 42, are charged with attempting to explode a vehicle laden with fuel-doused gas canisters in the shadow of the medieval monument in central Paris.

No one was hurt in the incident. Police were quickly able to trace the car, which belonged to the father of one of the key suspects, and some of the women’s fingerprints and DNA were found on the gas canisters.

According to unnamed sources, the women had also been plotting other attacks and were looking at train stations in Paris and the city’s southern outskirts, as well as police officers, as potential targets.

If convicted, they face between 30 years and life in prison. Other suspects also face trial for related terrorism charges.

One of the women, now 22, is considered the key player in the failed attack. She was just 18 when she and her co-defendants joined a channel on the social network Telegram that was run by one of France’s most notorious jihadists, who is believed to be linked to a gruesome attack on a French priest in Normandy and the killing of a French police couple at their home.

According to court documents, the women sent the jihadist videos pledging their allegiance to the IS group. He is currently the subject of an international arrest warrant and will be tried in France in absentia. He is believed to have been killed by a drone strike in 2017 around the Iraqi city of Mosul, but while US authorities have confirmed his death no proof of death has been officially reported to the French courts.

One of the defendant’s lawyers has previously said his client was vulnerable to the IS group’s recruitment efforts because she was “a girl in search of recognition and love”.

Prosecutors say the attempted explosion could have killed dozens of people in one of the French capital’s most touristed neighbourhoods. It came after a string of Islamic extremist attacks that deeply shook France and hardened its security stance.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest