News Ticker >
[ December 15, 2019 ]

Massachusetts Muslim Pleads Guilty to Illegally Taking Thousands Of SECRET Classified National Defense Documents Regarding...

[ December 15, 2019 ]

Conservatives Win Big in UK, Muslims Claim Victim Status

[ December 15, 2019 ]

Muslim “Democrats” Target Multiple Areas For French Municipal Elections

[ December 15, 2019 ]

Bernie Sanders has an antisemitism problem

[ December 14, 2019 ]

Saturday Night Cinema: The Joker Is Wild (1957)

[ December 14, 2019 ]

President Trump Stands Proud In The Center Of The Field As Army-Navy Rendition Deliver An...

[ December 14, 2019 ]

Democrat Congressman Leaving Party Over Impeachment, Becoming Republican

[ December 14, 2019 ]

Hacked!

[ December 14, 2019 ]

In Paris suburbs, a man screaming “Allahu Akbar” and armed with a knife died after...

[ December 14, 2019 ]

Obama never abused his power- I mean, no more than 15 times

Port Authority Removes Saudi Arabia Islamic ‘Candy Flag’ Statue on Ground Zero After Backlash

64

Heartfelt thanks to all the Geller Report readers who protested against this monstrosity after our first report on it was published. It has actually been removed from the Ground Zero area. This is quite surprising with Bill de Blasio as mayor of New York; it would have been less surprising if de Blasio had dismissed objections to the sculpture as “islamophobia” and insisted that it had to stay. He might have even declared that it would stay there permanently. De Blasio has pandered to the Muslim community in New York City since before he was elected, and dismantled legal and effective counter-terror efforts. So this is an unexpected, and welcome, victory.

“Port Authority Removes Saudi Arabia ‘Candy Flag’ Statue on Ground Zero After Backlash,” by Davis Richardson, Observer, January 14, 2019 (thanks to Vikram):

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey will remove an art installation featuring a nine-foot tall statue of Saudi Arabia’s flag from the World Trade Center campus.

“We have been in contact with the 9/11 Memorial and various stakeholders, and in full collaboration with the artist will relocate the exhibit from its current location,” a spokesperson for the organization told Observer on Monday. “We believe this solution respects the unique sensitivities of the site and preserves the artistic integrity of the exhibit.”

Created by French sculptor Laurence Jenkell in 2011, the exhibit ‘Candy Nations’ depicts countries in the G20 Summit as candy statues, and has been featured at over 25 sites across the world. After Observer reported on its arrival at the World Trade Center, many Americans were shocked to discover a statue celebrating Saudi Arabia had been erected on the Ground Zero plaza—given the Kingdom’s alleged involvement in harboring terrorism, and that 15 of the 19 September 11 hijackers were Saudi Arabian.

“Having respectfully understood the art component of it, I was offended that Saudi Arabia was represented there, particularly that close to hallowed ground,” Tim Frolich, a permanently disabled survivor from the World Trade Center attacks, told Observer. “There’s no support out there for it from the 9/11 community.”

“It was pretty shocking,” added Brett Eagleson, who lost his father during the World Trade Center attacks. “For our family specifically, it hit home even more. My dad’s last words to us were that he was going up the stairs to grab radios to give to Port Authority.”…

“To us, to have the Port Authority allow Saudi Arabia around Ground Zero when Saudi Arabia is in the middle of a federal lawsuit in Southern Manhattan is just unacceptable,” continued Eagleson….

“The Port Authority is apparently now taking the right action this week by removing the sculpture from the plaza at Ground Zero,” reads a statement signed by 16 families affected by the World Trade Center attacks. “Its apparent plan to relocate the exhibit to JFK International Airport is questionable as well, for obvious reasons. But surely the sculpture should be nowhere near the site of this mass murder.”

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest