When Darl Easton, the Tarrant County, Texas Republican Chairman, appointed a devout Muslim, Dr. Shahid Shafi, as vice chair, some party members raised concerns. Why? These are some of the Tarrant County Precinct Chair John Fowler’s concerns with Dr. Shafi’s in a leadership position in the Tarrant County GOP:
- ABORTION. When running for the city council, Shafi would not say he was pro-life. In fact, he would dodge the question about abortion by saying he had never thought about it. When he was appointed to the position of vice chair in July of this year, he was asked by one of the precinct chairs at the meeting where he stood on abortion, and he said he didn’t know. He has been endorsed by the Texas Medical Association (TMA). Texas Right to Life has documented TMA’s opposition to pro-life legislation going back to at least 2003, including support of the infamous Texas death panel law. See “Texas Medical Association Protects Abortionists” on the Texas Right to Life website for more details.
- GUN CONTROL. Shafi pushed the city council to adopt a resolution in support of an anti-Second Amendment, gun control group (“Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America”). Then when questioned about it, he refused to explain his actions, much less deny the report — despite being repeatedly requested to do so by a pro-Second Amendment precinct chair who served on the board for Open Carry Tarrant County, a pro-Second Amendment group.
- NO SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL. Shafi has consistently refused to publicly state his support for the nation of Israel, in accordance with the Republican Party of Texas (RPT) platform planks no. 207 and 208. Anyone who truly supported the nation of Israel and was in line with our party platform would gladly make such a public statement.
- WORKING WITH DEMOCRATS. Shafi has involved himself with Democrats in local politics in Democrat controlled Dallas County. In 2012, he gave $1,750 to a very small IRS § 527 PAC for the purposes of helping a candidate in Dallas County. Democrats gave the most money. The PAC hired a Democrat running for office (who was supported by Planned Parenthood, the LGBT groups, the labor unions, and the state Democrat Party) to help them locally. Further, the then “alleged” head of the Muslim Brotherhood for north Texas also gave $500 to the PAC. Dr. Shahid Shafi was working with Democrats and supporting the same thing as the Muslim Brotherhood.
- CONTACT WITH TERRORIST GROUPS. Shafi has had contact with known front groups for the international terrorist group, the Muslim Brotherhood (MB), in violation of RPT platform planks nos. 177 and 281. In 2015, he attended an Iftar dinner held by Dallas Democrat Mayor Mike Rawlings, which was also attended by two MB front groups, the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).
- SUPPORTED BY CAIR. In August 2018, CAIR came out in support of Dr. Shafi in the matter before us. Despite receiving the support of a group BANNED by the RPT’s platform in TWO platform planks (nos. 177 and 281), Shafi has neither renounced CAIR’s support nor denounced them for their ties to international terrorism, or for having MULTIPLE leaders convicted on federal terrorism charges and sent to prison.
- DECEIT REGARDING SHARIA LAW. During his last city council race, Shafi was asked by a Republican activist if he would denounce Sharia law if elected, and he said, “I don’t understand the question.” When asked again, he said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” When asked a third time, he said, “I don’t know what Sharia is.” In light of these answers, one must remember that he is a practicing Muslim who grew up in Pakistan, one of the strictest Sharia-controlled countries in the world. However, two times in July, when asked about Sharia law, he knew exactly what Sharia was . . . but claimed he did not follow it.
Furthermore, he has said his mosque does not practice Sharia law, when in fact it does. The constitution and bylaws of the mosque requires the imam to have a deep understanding of Islamic law, and the mosque has created and operates a Sharia court. This violates principle of plank 68 (American Law for American Courts): “No foreign law or international edict shall preempt the United States Constitution or the Texas Constitution, or be used as the basis for any decision, except required by contract between the individual parties.” [emphasis added]
Yet Fowler said this about Easton, the man who appointed Shafi to his position:
Darl Easton has engaged in a campaign of defamation against those who question his appointment of one who embraces Political Islam to the second-highest position in the party. He has done this in order to deter members from speaking their conscience in this debate. The tactics used within the Party are identical to those used by the leftist media and the hard-left members of the Democrat Party. They do not debate the issue of the incompatibility of Political Islam. They merely use ad hominem attacks of “racist,” “bigot,” and “Islamophobe,” in order to silence dissent.
And he is right.
While leftists, paid-for media and some politicians sanitize and misguide the public on the true nature of Islam, I proudly speak the truth. Truth should never be sacrificed at the altar of any goal. I firmly believe that truthfulness is indeed the foundation of all virtues.
Muslims are Islam’s locomotive; they take the wrecking-ball and Islamic train on its demolition course. Islam and democracy are incompatible. This is one of the reasons why a group of concerned members disagreed with Shafi ’s appointment.
According to the cardinal rule of Islam, non-Muslims are kefirs (infidels). So the kefirs are fair game to be maltreated, plundered, taken as slaves and slaughtered. Frankly speaking, no one can be a devout Muslim and an American at one and the same time, and here’s why. Because all Muslims believe that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger. To devout and knowledgeable Muslims, the United States Constitution is just human law, as opposed to Sharia, which is divine law. A Muslim is, first and foremost, an Ummahist — a citizen of international Islam. The Pledge of Alliance says, “one nation under God,” while a Muslim is required to live in the Ummah under Allah. So when a Muslim takes the “Pledge of Allegiance” to preserve, protect and defend the US Constitution, he is either ignorant of the implication of his pledge, or is a willful liar. Sadly enough, taqiyah — lying, or dissimulation — is not only condoned, it is recommended to Muslims in their scripture. Hence a Muslim can and will lie without any compunction, whenever it is expedient.
Respect for the rule of law, as it is understood and practiced by civilized people in the West, is for the devout and knowledgeable Muslim who is committed to Sharia an instrument of convenience to be used to advantage, and to be violated when it is not. A Muslim believes in a different law — Sharia, a set of Stone Age rules.
While I praise the Tarrant County GOP in its stand for religious freedom and our Constitution, I caution them not to be politically correct and call those who voice contrary views a bunch of racist, bigots, alarmists and hatemongers.
We in the United States of America must resist Islamic ideology while it is still gathers momentum, unless we wish to end up in the same fix as in Europe.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.