News Ticker >
[ February 18, 2019 ]

Seven MPs quit the Labour Party over antisemitism

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Hitler-Lover Farrakhan Praises Omar for Anti-Semitic Language: ‘You Have Nothing to Apologize For’

[ February 18, 2019 ]

‘No Muslim Should Cooperate with the Police’

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Miraculous Israel will launch a spacecraft to the moon this week

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Canadian Muslim revealed to be notorious jihadi: ‘You’ll never kill the love for jihad’

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Democrat Pulls Gun On Man Wearing MAGA Hat, ‘It’s A Good Day For You To...

[ February 18, 2019 ]

British Muslima: Ariana Grande Pop Concert Bombing “Fair Retaliation”

[ February 18, 2019 ]

New York Times Blames Jews for 9/11

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Graham vows investigation into McCabe comments about DoJ discussions to remove Trump

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Hollywood Rallies Around Jew-Hater Ilhan Omar: ‘I’m a Jew; She Was Right About AIPAC’

Devout Muslim hostage-taker in Australia had been previously acquitted of jihad terror plot

7

Did they think that because they acquitted him that he was not a jihad? Did they think he ceased to be devout and stopped believing in the Qur’an’s injunctions to kill infidels? No. He was just waiting for another time to strike, and he found one.

“Hostage-taker in Australia had been acquitted of terror plot,” Associated Press, June 5, 2017:

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A gunman who killed a man and took a woman hostage before dying in a police shootout had been acquitted of plotting a terror attack at a Sydney army base years earlier, police said Tuesday. Three police officers were wounded.

The siege Monday at an apartment building in a Melbourne suburb was being treated as an act of terror, but Victoria state Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton said the gunman appeared to have acted alone and not as part of any ongoing plot or threat.

“There is nothing that we’ve found thus far that would suggest to us that this was anything that was … planned or done in concert with others,” Ashton said.

The gunman, Yacqub Khayre, 29, was one of two men acquitted by a jury in 2010 of plotting a suicide attack in Sydney. Three people were convicted of conspiracy. Police thwarted that plot before it could be executed.

Khayre, a Somali refugee, served prison sentences for arson and violent crimes unrelated to extremism before being paroled in November, Ashton said.

On Monday, Khayre booked an appointment with an escort in an apartment building in Brighton and arrived carrying a shotgun, sparking a 2-hour siege.

Police were called after neighbors heard the shotgun discharge as Khayre killed a Chinese-born Australian man employed by the escort agency in the lobby.

Khayre then called police to say he had a hostage in an apartment and made threats to her if police intervened. They tried to negotiate with him before Khayre walked out of the building firing the shotgun.

One police officer was shot in the neck and ear and two officers suffered wounds to their hands, but none of the wounds was life-threatening, Ashton said. The woman was not harmed.

Khayre spoke about al-Qaida in phone calls to police and to Seven Network television, and Ashton said the gunman possibly had plotted to lure police into an ambush. But it was too early to know if the gunman set out to target police or “seized the opportunity he thought was presented to him last evening,” Ashton said….

Police did not regard the Islamic State group’s claim of responsibility for the Melbourne violence as evidence that it was planned….

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Pin It on Pinterest