“Middle eastern male, beard, camo shorts and a headset..,”according to eyewitness.
The San Diego Tribune reports:
Riverside police dispatchers have broadcast a general advisory that the suspects involved in the shootings in San Bernardino may have fled in a black GMC Yukon, heading northbound on Waterman Avenue, roughly 40 minutes ago.
The broadcast indicated there were unconfirmed reports the suspects were male and of Middle Eastern origin, “armed with AK-47s and wearing body armor.”
The broadcast was part of a region-wide alert issued by the San Bernardino Police Department.
Shooter (one of three) walked into a Christmas party and started firing. Police were searching for up to three suspects Wednesday in connection with a mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, where as many as 20 people were wounded.
CONFIRMED via LA newspaper: Suspects have left via black SUV and still are at large.
At least 12 people dead and eight injured in mass shooting inside a California learning disability center as police hunt for three ‘white men dressed in ski masks and military gear’
Local reports suggest shooting occurred at the Inland Regional Center on South Waterman Avenue in San Bernardino
San Bernardino Fire Department sent out first tweet about shooting in progress shortly after 11am local time
SWAT team is on the scene on South Waterman Avenue, along with
Police are looking for up to three male gunmen dressed in military gear and ski masks
Bomb squad is said to be in the process of trying to neutralize apparent explosive device left at the scene (Daily Mail)
It was at a Christmas party going on at the time the Inland Regional Center -a place for the developmentally disabled.. one news site said 12 confirmed dead.
Terry Petit says he got a text from his daughter saying she was hiding after gunfire erupted at the social services facility in Southern California where she works.
Petit choked back tears Wednesday as he read the texts for reporters outside Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino.
He says she wrote: “People shot. In the office waiting for cops. Pray for us. I am locked in an office.”
Heavy: Police say that 12 people have been killed and more wounded in an attack on a health center in southern California. The shooting happened at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California, on the morning of December 2. The building is located at 1363 South Waterman avenue in the town and helps people with developmental disabilities.
This is a breaking story so stay tuned for updates.
Here’s what we know so far:
1. So Far, Authorities Estimate That 12 People Have Been Killed
Hay reportes de un tiroteo en el Centro Regional de Inland. Estos son los datos importantes que tienes saber.
2. Police Are Searching for 1-3 Suspects
The San Bernardino’s Sheriff department confirmed that this is being treated as an “active shooter” event. Fox Los Angeles’ Araksya Karapetyan tweeted that police are looking for 1-3 shooters. This report was later confirmed by the San Bernardino Police Department. Sgt. Vicki Cervantes, a spokeswoman for the San Bernardino Police Department, told the media that officers believe three men wearing body armor are still inside the facility.
3. Police Found a Suspicious Device Inside the Building
Officers from multiple agencies who have assembled at the facility are pushing back after a suspicious device was found inside. ABC Los Angeles reports that among the law enforcement agencies on scene are the FBI and the ATF.
4. The Entire Area Around the Facility Is on Lockdown
Roads around the center have been closed with those inside being told to shelter-in-place. While the Inland Regional Center itself is being evacuated by local police.
5. Around 670 People Work at the Facility
According to the Inland Regional Center’s Facebook page, the facility “Serving individuals with developmental disabilities in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.” There are 670 people who work at the location, serving over 30,200 people per year.
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.