Gunman Who Opened Fire On The White House Dies in Gunfight With Secret Service

2

Democrat party of violence strikes again.

Image RELEASED of White House shooter Nasire Best, 21, who tried STORMING the grounds with a firearm and previously tried to gain entry. He was known to Secret Service and has violated a court order to stay away from the White House

ADVERTISEMENT


Gunman who believed he was Jesus Christ opened fire on White House checkpoint, neutralized by Secret Service

By Joe Marino and Daniel Cody, NY Post, May 24, 2026:

A crazed gunman who believed he was Jesus Christ pulled out a revolver and opened fire outside the White House Saturday night, before he was quickly taken down by a barrage of shots from the Secret Service, sources said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Nasire Best, 21, fired at a checkpoint at about 6:10 p.m. after being seen pacing in a strange manner up and down 17th St. Northwest, sources told The Post. He only got off a few shots before he was shot and killed in a hail of bullets from federal officers.

At least one bystander was hit and seriously wounded in the fusillade, the sources said.

While a motive for the attack hasn’t been confirmed, sources said Best is a mentally troubled individual who was well-known to the Secret Service for repeatedly loitering around various entry posts and who has violated a previous court order to stay away from the White House.

“FBI is on the scene and supporting Secret Service responding to shots fired near White House grounds – we will update the public as we’re able,” FBI Director Kash Patel posted on X.
Trump says gunman who opened fire at White House checkpoint had ‘possible obsession’ with executive mansion

“I was in the middle of taping on my iPhone for a social video from the White House North Lawn when we heard the shots,” said Selina Wang, a senior ABC White House correspondent.

“It sounded like dozens of gunshots. We were told to sprint to the press briefing room where we are holding now.”

Secret Service quickly put the White House on lockdown and told reporters to gather on the north lawn and to run into the press briefing room. After about half an hour, the lockdown was lifted. The shots rang out a little less than two hours after President Trump announced on Truth Social that he was in the Oval Office working on a peace deal with Iran.

ADVERTISEMENT

Best, who was taken down by members of the Secret Service Uniformed Division, had previously been involuntarily committed on June 26 for obstructing vehicular traffic at 15th Street and E Street NW, before being arrested again on July 10 for Unlawful Entry.
“[Best] claimed he was Jesus Christ and that he wanted to get arrested,” court records of the incident said.

While it wasn’t known if the shooting has any political motive, leaders from both sides of the aisle voiced condemnation of political violence after the incident, which is only the latest gunfire in the proximity of President Trump in recent weeks.

Saturday’s incident marks the latest flashpoint in a volatile wave of domestic political violence.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.

or

Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

ADVERTISEMENT
Quick note: We cannot do this without your support. Fact. Our work is made possible by you and only you. We receive no grants, government handouts, or major funding. Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here.

Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here— it’s free and it’s essential NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.

Follow Pamela Geller on Gettr. I am there. click here.

Follow Pamela Geller on
Trump's social media platform, Truth Social. It's open and free.

Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spammy or unhelpful, click the ... symbol to the right of the comment to let us know. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

 

ADVERTISEMENT
Thanks for sharing!