Web
Analytics

MASSACRE: Muslim Terrorists Empty Entire Village of Nearly 8,000 People

More than 8,000 people have fled Burkina Faso’s volatile north following the bloodiest massacre in a six-year-old Islamic insurgency. The jihadists “burned almost everything — houses, the market, the school and the dispensary…”

Genocide. The sharia-compliant Democrat media complex sees no, hears no, speaks no Islamo-criticism.

Quick note: Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. We will not waver. We will not tire. We will not falter, and we will not fail. Freedom will prevail.

Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.

Follow me on Gettr. I am there, click here. It's open and free.

Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.

Jihadists in Burkina Faso Empty Entire Village of Nearly 8,000 People

By: Gabrielle Reyes, Breitbart,  June 10,  2021:

Jihadist violence emptied an entire village of nearly 8,000 people in northern Burkina Faso over the weekend, Radio France Internationale (RFI) reported on Wednesday.

Roughly 7,600 people fled the village of Solhan in Yagha province this week for Sebba, the capital of Yagha, located nine miles away, according to RFI. Others headed to the nearby village of Sampelga, according to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).

Solhan “has been completely emptied of people,” Burkina Faso Communications Minister Ousseni Tamboura told reporters on June 9. The displaced people from Solhan “include more than 2,000 children” the UNHCR reported on June 8.

A local government official in Yagha province told RFI on June 9 that “most of those who left Solhan, near the border with Niger, had already been fleeing jihadist violence, including in the Mansila district to the west.”

Jihadist terrorists stormed the village of Solhan on June 5, killing at least 138 people and seriously wounding 40 others, though “local sources put the death toll higher,” according to RFI. The attack was the deadliest in Burkina Faso by jihadists since Islamist terrorists launched an insurgency in the country in 2015.

The jihadists “burned almost everything [in Solhan], houses, the market, the school and the dispensary,” a local government official told RFI on June 9.

“The assailants arrived at around 2:00 am on Saturday morning on motorbikes and targeted a position of the Volunteers for the Defence of the Motherland (VDP), an anti-jihadist civilian defence force which backs the [Burkina Faso] national army,” RFI reported on June 6.

“They pillaged the town, then burnt cars and shops before escaping several hours before national security forces arrived,” the mayor of Sebba, Hamadi Boubakar, told reporters on June 6.

Solhan had an established civil defense force because it has previously suffered jihadist terror attacks. The village is located near Burkina Faso’s borders with Mali and Niger, where Islamist terrorists linked to al-Qaeda and Islamic State regularly target civilians and soldiers.

Burkina Faso has struggled to contain Islamist violence across its northern region since 2015 when jihadist terrorist groups including the Group to Support Islam and Muslims (GSIM) and the Islamic State in the Greater Sahara (EIGS) launched an Islamist insurgency in the country. The terror attacks first sprouted in northern Burkina Faso near the country’s border with Mali, but have since spread to the country’s east. An estimated 1,400 people have died from jihadist terrorism in Burkina Faso since the insurgency began while more than one million people have been displaced by the violence.

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.

or

Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Pin It on Pinterest