Web
Analytics

Facebook BLOCKS Daily Mail and New York Post For Reporting On BLM Co-founder’s Multi-Million Dollar Property Empire

The world sees the Democrat-fascists on the march. And make no mistake, the world is very nervous as America is subsumed by our domestic enemies.
These are public utilities crushing free societies with the intent of imposing submission to the elite savages.

Quick note: Tech giants are snuffing us out. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense permenently banned us. Facebook, Twitter, Google search et al have shadowbanned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. Help us fight. Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW more than ever. Share our posts on social and with your email contacts.

Facebook censors DailyMail.com story on BLM co-founder’s multi-million dollar LA property empire

  • Users that wanted to share links to the DailyMail.com were met with a message that said it ‘couldn’t be shared’
  • The same article in Black Enterprise was allowed to be shared by Facebook users
  • Black Enterprise and DailyMail.com both cited the New York Post in their stories
  • Twitter recently suspended sports writer Jason Whitlock for sharing the story
  • The story noted that Patrisse Cullors, 37, had spent $1.4 million on a Los Angeles property

By Harriet Alexander and Dailymail.com Reporter,  Mail Online, 16 April 2021

Facebook has stopped users from sharing articles by DailyMail.com about a BLM founder Patrisse Cullors’ multi-million dollar property empire while users were allowed to share it from other outlets.

Users that wanted to share links to the DailyMail.com were met with a message that said it ‘couldn’t be shared.’

‘This content was removed for violating our privacy and personal information policy,’ a Facebook spokesperson told DailyMail.com.

However, other outlets, such as Black Enterprise, a media company that covers black-owned businesses, was allowed to be shared by Facebook users.

It’s not the first time Facebook has censored content from conservative voices. Just last month, the social media platform removed a video interview from Lara Trump, interviewing her father-in-law, Donald Trump.

Readers of the NY Post on Facebook were also blocked from sharing a story about Cullors’ multi-million-dollar property holdings.

The Facebook spokesperson claimed that the article ‘shared multiple details which could identify the residence of one of the BLM founders, in violation of her privacy rights.

‘As per our Community Standards: We do not allow people to post personal or confidential information about yourself or of others,’ the spokesperson said.

‘We remove content that shares, offers or solicits personally identifiable information or other private information that could lead to physical or financial harm, including financial, residential, and medical information, as well as private information obtained from illegal sources.’

An error message shows that the DailyMail.com article cannot be shared on Facebook

Journalist Jason Whitlock’s original tweet, on Friday morning, was removed by Twitter for ‘violating rules’

The social media giant noted ‘We also provide people ways to report imagery that they believe to be in violation of their privacy rights,’ which appears to suggest that the removal may have been requested by BLM founder Patrisse Cullors.

Twitter recently suspended sports writer Jason Whitlock for sharing the story.

‘Black Lives Matter founder buys $1.4 million home in Topanga, which has a black population of 1.4 percent. She’s with her people!,’ Whitlock wrote, according to the outlet.

Other Twitter users were allowed to share the post on Twitter so the reason for the suspension remains unclear.

In addition to the Topanga Canyon property, The New York Post reports that Cullors and her husband also purchased a ‘custom ranch’ on 3.2 acres in Conyers, Georgia last year

Cullors’ Conyers residence reportedly comes complete with its own pool and airplane hangar

Patrisse Cullors on Tuesday defended her growing property portfolio


BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors (pictured) has raised eyebrows with her property portfolio

In the story, it emerged that Cullors had spent $1.4 million on a Los Angeles property – her fourth home, and her third in the city – in an overwhelmingly white neighborhood.

The New York Post reported Cullors had also bought two other LA homes in recent years, and paid $415,000 for a 3.2 acre property in Georgia.

On Tuesday the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, of which Cullors is a director, issued a statement saying that they had not paid for her house.

They said Cullors has been paid a total of $120,000 since the organization was founded in 2013, and said she was compensated ‘for duties such as serving as spokesperson and engaging in political education work.’

The $1.4 million home Patrisse Cullors purchased in the Topanga Canyon area of Los Angeles


Cullors’ new home has high ceilings and a sliding door leading out to the tree-filled yard

The light-filled and airy home is just 20 miles from where she grew up, but a world away in style
The property features its own guest cabin (right) which the realtor says could serve as an office

The property features its own guest cabin (right) which the realtor says could serve as an office
Cullors’ expansive new home boasts of canyon views and calm amid the trees

Cullors’ expansive new home boasts of canyon views and calm amid the trees

She has not been paid since 2019, the group said.

Cullors has become one of the most high-profile campaigners in the United States since founding BLM in 2013, with a best-selling memoir, a follow-up on the way, and a deal with Warner Bros to produce content.

They said Cullors has been paid a total of $120,000 since the organization was founded in 2013, and said she was compensated ‘for duties such as serving as spokesperson and engaging in political education work.’

She has not been paid since 2019, the group said.
Black Lives Matter posted a statement about the ‘false and dangerous story’ on Tuesday
+15

Black Lives Matter posted a statement about the ‘false and dangerous story’ on Tuesday
+15

Cullors has become one of the most high-profile campaigners in the United States since founding BLM in 2013, with a best-selling memoir, a follow-up on the way, and a deal with Warner Bros to produce content.

People were quick to call Facebook out for the ‘hypocrisy’ on Thursday.

Twitter user @NickLlo1975 wrote: ‘#Awkwardmoment when Facebook censors the @nypost for outing Patrisse Khan-Cullors’ hypocrisy.’

Abigail Marone, the press secretary for Sen. Josh Hawley, tweeted: ‘Why won’t Facebook & Instagram let users share this @nypost article about ‘BLM co-founder Patrisse Khan-Cullors’ million-dollar real estate buying binge’?’

Hawley retweeted her post and added: ‘@Facebook censoring the @nypost … where have I seen this before.’

Zaid Jilani, a former reporter at The Intercept, wrote: ‘Can you share this article on Facebook or Facebook Messenger? I was blocked from doing it. What gives?’

At 9.26pm, Lara’s team received this email from Facebook warning them that the interview would be removed
Lara Trump shared a post on her Instagram page showing an email from a Facebook representative which said the interview had been blocked

Lara’s team received this email from Facebook warning them that the interview would be removed (left). Thirty-minutes later, after she’d uploaded it to Facebook, she received another, informing her it had been taken down. Lara shared screenshots of the emails on Instagram
During the 20-minute interview Trump talked about Joe Biden falling on the stairs to Air Force One, how boring Twitter had become without him and how the woke mob’s cancelling of Dr Seuss made the US look absurd to its foreign adversaries, including China. It was the 74-year-old’s first on-screen interview since losing to Biden in the general election and leaving D.C. under the cloud of the deadly Capitol Hill riot after he claimed the vote was rigged.
The president was joined by his sister-in-law Lara Trump who has a burgeoning journalistic career as a host on The Right View

During the 20-minute interview Trump talked about Joe Biden falling on the stairs to Air Force One, how boring Twitter had become without him and how the woke mob’s cancelling of Dr Seuss made the US look absurd to its foreign adversaries, including China. It was the 74-year-old’s first on-screen interview since losing to Biden in the general election and leaving D.C. under the cloud of the deadly Capitol Hill riot after he claimed the vote was rigged.

Facebook also came under fire last month for removing a video of former President Donald Trump being interviewed by his daughter-in-law, Lara Trump.

In the interview, Trump tore into social media and the mainstream media for suppressing the Hunter Biden laptop story, he criticized President Biden’s green agenda and railed against cancel culture which he said obliterates US culture.

It was for The Right View, Lara’s show. During the 18-minute interview, Trump also spoke about running for President again in 2024. Lara had been promoting it on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter beforehand.

Four minutes before it was due to be uploaded, Facebook emailed Lara’s team warning them that it would be removed if it went live. They then emailed again to say that they’d taken it down.

Lara shared screenshots of the emails on Instagram afterwards. ‘And just like that, we are one step closer to Orwell’s 1984. Wow,’ she wrote alongside them.

Jonathan Turley, the conservative legal scholar, tweeted: ‘Facebook declared that it would censor any content “in the voice of Donald Trump.”

‘It appears that Trump has achieved Voldemort status on social media and is now “he who must not be heard”.

And Twitter faced a major controversy in the fall when it temporarily locked the NY Post’s account for sharing an article on the contents of Hunter Biden’s recovered laptop.

The company had justified its ban of the politically charged reporting on the Biden family by citing a prohibition on distributing hacked materials. The Post articles were based on documents from a laptop supposedly left at a repair shop by Hunter, who never retrieved it.

Twitter backed down and unlocked the Post’s account after two weeks.

‘Our policies are living documents. We’re willing to update and adjust them when we encounter new scenarios or receive important feedback from the public,’ the company said in a statement.
Twitter reversed its prior demand that the Post delete tweets linking to the Biden articles, after CEO Jack Dorsey faced excoriation

‘One such example is the recent change to our Hacked Materials Policy and its impact on accounts like the New York Post,’ Twitter added.

‘In response, we’re updating our practice of not retroactively overturning prior enforcement. Decisions made under policies that are subsequently changed & published can now be appealed if the account at issue is a driver of that change. We believe this is fair and appropriate,’ the statement continued.

‘This means that because a specific @nypost enforcement led us to update the Hacked Materials Policy, we will no longer restrict their account under the terms of the previous policy and they can now Tweet again,’ the company said.

The newspaper’s first tweet back read simply: ‘We’re baaaaaaack’ and included an image of its front page, known in tabloid-speak as ‘the wood’, headlined ‘Free Bird!’ and showing Twitter’s bird logo escaping from a cage.

The Post reported that it gained an additional 190,000 followers during Twitter’s two-week blackout.

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.

or

Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Pin It on Pinterest