Web
Analytics

President Trump requested 10k National Guard at Capitol before Jan. 6th riot, was DENIED by Pelosi

28

Clearly, the “insurrection” was Democrat. It’s why DC still looks like a military zone.

Quick note: Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. We will not waver. We will not tire. We will not falter, and we will not fail. Freedom will prevail.

Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.

Follow me on Gettr. I am there, click here. It's open and free.

Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.

Trump says he requested 10k National Guard at Capitol before Jan. 6th riot, was DENIED by Pelosi

NEWSMAX – Former President Donald Trump says he was concerned days before the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol about the size of the crowd expected near the Capitol and requested 10,000 National Guard troops to be deployed, but that his request was rejected because House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other leaders did not like the optics.

“I requested, I said this rally will be bigger than anything thinks,” Trump told Fox News’ Steve Hilton on “The Revolution” Sunday night, in an interview airing after his CPAC speech. “Everyone said we’ll be at the rally. It was, I think, the largest crowd that I have ever spoken to before. I have spoken to big crowds, hundreds of thousands of people, more than that, but hundreds of thousands of people.”

Trump said he “gave the number” to the Department of Defense that 10,000 members of the National Guard would be needed.

“They took that number, from what I understand, they gave it to people at the Capitol, that is controlled by Pelosi, and I heard they rejected it because they didn’t think it would look good,” said Trump.

Meanwhile, according to Jane Campbell, the president and CEO of the U..S. Capitol Historical society, Capitol Complex security is the direct responsibility of a four-member Capitol Police Board, which includes both the House and Senate sergeants-at-arms, who report to the leaders of those chambers, reports PolitiFact.

Paul Irving, who had been the House sergeant-at-arms at the time of the attack, Michael Stenger, the Senate’s sergeant-at-arms, and Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund all resigned after the attack.

According to reports from The Washington Post and The New York Times, Irving told Sund he didn’t want troops at the Capitol on Jan. 6 because of “bad optics.”

Pelosi’s office and the Defense Department have not immediately responded to Trump’s comments, reports Fox News.

The leaders of those chambers at the time would have been Pelosi and McConnell. You can I’m sure Irving wouldn’t have made a move without Pelosi’s orders. As for Mitch, we don’t know what part he may have played in this.

Trump also said he wasn’t watching what happened on television in real time, like Mitch suggested:

Trump also told Hilton that he “hated” to see what unfolded at the Capitol, but denied that he was watching the events unfold on television in real time and compared the riot to unrest that took place in cities such as Portland and Seattle last summer.

I wonder if the House will hold a hearing on why Pelosi rejected the request for National Guard troops that would have most certainly prevented the Capitol riot. Maybe they should discuss impeaching her! Nah, they wouldn’t want their precious leader to get any of the blame when they are still trying to destroy Trump.

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.

or

Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Pin It on Pinterest