The Islamic State slaughters 33 in a clear illustration of Africa’s rising Islamic threat.
Quick note: Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. We will not waver. We will not tire. We will not falter, and we will not fail. Freedom will prevail.
Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.
Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.
ISIS terror strikes: Militant group claims responsibility for massacre in Mali – 33 dead
ISIS has claimed responsibility for an attack which killed 33 soldiers in Mali, in a clear illustration of Africa’s rising terror threat.
By Ciaran McGrath, The Express, Mar 21, 2021
France 24 journalist Wassim Nasir tweeted: “#Mali the #EI claims the attack on #Tessit#Ansongo “33 dead” in the area of the three borders.” The attack, which happened on March 15, involved 100 suspected Islamic extremists on motorcycles which ambushed the Malian military convoy in the country’s volatile north, killing at least 33 people in the deadliest attack since the overthrow of the country’s president in a coup last year.
Fourteen other people were hurt in the attack near the town, which is about 37 miles southeast of Ansongo in the Gao region, according to a military statement.
Up to now no group had claimed it carried out the attack, but Islamic extremists with links to al-Qaida and the Islamic State group operate in the region.
Islamic State said in a statement that its fighters captured three vehicles as well as weapons and ammunition, according to SITE.
The group has claimed responsibility for previous attacks on either side of the border that have killed dozens of Malian and Nigerien soldiers.
It also carried out the 2017 ambush in the Nigerien village of Tongo Tongo that killed four American special forces troops and five Nigerien soldiers.
Earlier this week Mali’s military said that the UN peacekeeping mission referred to as MINUSMA had helped evacuate injured soldiers.
Helicopters from France’s mission in Mali, known as Operation Barkhane also assisted.
In 2013, Islamic extremist rebels were toppled in Mali’s northern cities with French military assistance.
However, the insurgents quickly regrouped in the desert and have since launched frequent attacks on the Malian army.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.