Web
Analytics

Trump orders US CENTCOM to include Israel

11

Righteous. Down to the last. One for the ages.

Quick note: Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. We will not waver. We will not tire. We will not falter, and we will not fail. Freedom will prevail.

Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.

Follow me on Gettr. I am there, click here. It's open and free.

Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.

Trump orders US military’s Central Command to include Israel
Latest defense policy move by the Trump administration reportedly seeks to spur Israeli-Arab cooperation against Iran.

By Lilach Shoval and News Agencies, January 17, 2021:

US President Donald Trump has ordered the US Central Command (CENTCOM), which oversees the mission of the US military in the Middle East, to include Israel, the Wall Street Journal reported over the weekend, citing US officials.

Follow Israel Hayom on Facebook and Twitter

US military responsibility for Israel had long been allocated to its European command, an arrangement that enabled US generals in the region to interact with Arab states without having a close association with Jewish state, which until recently was seen as an adversary by many Arab leaders.

The growing momentum of the Abraham Accords, which include CENTCOM members the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, has changed this perception. According to the report, Trump’s decree means that the US Central Command would oversee American military policy involving both Israel and Arab nations.

“The easing of tensions between Israel and its Arab neighbors subsequent to the Abraham Accords has provided a strategic opportunity for the United States to align key partners against shared threats in the Middle East,” the Pentagon said in a statement Friday.

“Israel is a leading strategic partner for the United States, and this will open up additional opportunities for cooperation with our US Central Command partners while maintaining strong cooperation between Israel and our European allies,” the statement read.

The latest defense policy move seems to be another attempt to spur Israeli-Arab cooperation against Iran.

Michael Makovsky, head of the Jewish Institute for National Security of America, siad, that the move “will strengthen strategic planning, defense cooperation and deterrence against Iran by America and its regional allies.

“I hope it might also smooth the way for the Pentagon to utilize Israel more for regional operations, including by prepositioning precision-guided munitions [PGMs] and other much-needed weaponry for American, Israeli, and possibly, partner Arab forces. PGMs are critical to Israel’s continued ability to defend US interests by rolling back the military footprint of Iran and its proxies,” he told JNS.

According to Mick Mulroy, former deputy assistant secretary of defense for the Middle East, the move to include Israel in CENTCOM’s region was not a last-minute idea.

Mulroy told al-Monitor that the idea “had been increasingly discussed” in the Pentagon in recent years.

“There have been discussions on this for some time. … Israel’s biggest threat comes from within the Middle East: Iran. CENTCOM has a better understanding of what that threat entails,” Mulroy said.

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.

or

Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Pin It on Pinterest