Israel dominated the antisemitic BDS Movement in 2020 despite the world pandemic. Below is a list of some of the BDS Movements most profound defeats over the course of 2020.
1) Israel, the UAE, and Bahrain, sign the Abraham Accords: Enabling all three countries to establish full diplomatic relations. Shortly after Abraham Accords were signed, Sudan and Morocco would also normalize ties with Israel.
History! 🇮🇱🇦🇪 https://t.co/Q33rYfzngz
— StandWithUs (@StandWithUs) October 20, 2020
2) Mike Pompeo labels BDS Anti-Semitic and visits Judea and Samaria:
The U.S. is committed to countering the Global BDS Campaign as a manifestation of anti-Semitism. I am directing U.S. Special Envoy @USEAntiSemitism to identify organizations engaged in politically motivated actions intended to penalize or limit commercial relations with Israel.
— Secretary Pompeo (@SecPompeo) November 19, 2020
Enjoyed lunch at the scenic Psagot Winery today. Unfortunately, Psagot and other businesses have been targeted by pernicious EU labeling efforts that facilitate the boycott of Israeli companies. The U.S. stands with Israel and will not tolerate any form of delegitimization. pic.twitter.com/N4oCD5IqRB
— Secretary Pompeo (@SecPompeo) November 19, 2020
3) Israel receives COVID-19 vaccine from Pfizer: Israel is also responsible for invaluable innovation (here, here) in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, Israel will soon complete a COVID-19 vaccine of their own.
PM Netanyahu on the arrival of the first plane with @pfizer anti-coronavirus vaccines:
"This is one of the most moving moments that I have worked on very hard, for long months, with the Health Minister and his ministry to bring relief and a solution to the coronavirus pandemic. pic.twitter.com/rcOS69lwkM
— PM of Israel (@IsraeliPM) December 9, 2020
Despite the #pandemic, Israeli companies and startups are on track to break the $10 billion mark in investment capital raised in 2020, according to a new report by @StartUpNationHQ. https://t.co/r1nYMnWVXt
— NoCamels – Israeli Tech and Innovation News (@NoCamels) December 8, 2020
5) Israeli athletes thrived in 2020: Deni Avdija was drafted by Washington Wizards. Israeli athletes medal (here, here, here, here, here, here) in international competitions. And Israel’s cycling team competed in the Tour de France for the first time.
עכשיו יש שני שגרירים לישראל, אחד עם ג'אמפ שוט יותר טוב🏀 pic.twitter.com/1674PXR088
— Washington Wizards 🇮🇱 (@washwizardsil) December 12, 2020
Israel is on such a gold streak in the sports world that we can't even keep up! Last night, #Israeli rhythmic gymnast Linoy Ashram also won gold in the European Championships.
We are so proud of you all! 👏🏻🇮🇱👏🏻 pic.twitter.com/GQ8QekLnZl
— StandWithUs (@StandWithUs) November 30, 2020
6) Israeli entertainment is generating massive interest: Viewers are loving Israeli television shows. Israel actress Gal Gadot is one of the most sought after actresses in Hollywood. Lesser known Israeli actors are having an impact in Hollywood as well.
This is unreal! WW84 covering the Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai ✨ pic.twitter.com/Ygjg2DvzHW
— Gal Gadot (@GalGadot) December 16, 2020
7) Israel significantly improves relations with Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia would begin to allow Israeli planes to use their airspace en route to the UAE. In addition, Saudi Arabia removes anti-Semitic and anti-Zionist texts from it’s text books.
Saudi Arabia to allow all Israel-UAE flights to use its airspace – Axios
More incredible progress advancing peace in the Middle East! 🕊 https://t.co/gs34OKdpAR
— Ivanka Trump (@IvankaTrump) September 2, 2020
8) More U.S states boycott BDS with legislation: The governor’s of South Dakota, Missouri, and Oklahoma all signed anti-BDS legislation into law, barring any organizations who support the BDS Movement from doing business in their states.
Signing out BDS, one executive order at a time! Consul for Academic and Community Affairs, @radariella attended this signing in South Dakota to show her support of @govkristinoem anti-BDS executive order! #Israel #signingoutBDS pic.twitter.com/2gXv9CQbDM
— Israel in Chicago (@IsraelinChicago) January 14, 2020
9) Israel – India relations continue to take off: India continues to be Israel’s most important ally in Asia. Collaborating in numerous fields, (here, here, here,) throughout 2020. Look for Israel-India relations to continue to flourish in the coming years.
Chag Hannukkah Sameach to the friendly people of Israel and Jewish friends all over the world. May the festival bring peace and light in our lives and kindle more warmth to the relationship between our people.@netanyahu @PresidentRuvi
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 10, 2020
Israel's @bengurionu is working together with India's offshore drilling company ABAN to build an agricultural research institute in Chennai, India. The institute will further studies in desert agriculture and water-related research. Wow! 🇮🇱🇮🇳
— StandWithUs (@StandWithUs) November 11, 2020
10) Israel-South Korea finalize FTA: For years Asia’s fourth largest economy was reluctant to trade with Israel, out of fear of angering the Gulf States. Those days are long gone. This trade agreement will grow Israel’s economy substantially, while bringing down the price of cars, electronics, and many other goods in Israel. Japan and Vietnam are expected to sign FTA’s with Israel in 2021.
11) Israel and Colombia sign FTA. President Duque announces that he will open Jerusalem trade office: Israel’s ties to Latin America have reached unprecedented levels in the last few years. Countries such as Colombia, Brazil, Guatemala, Honduras, Ecuador and many others are embracing Israel like never before.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Colombian President Ivan Duque launched the free trade agreement between Israel and Colombia. PMr Netanyahu also commended Colombian President Duque for opening an innovation office in Jerusalem.https://t.co/uWGsf7UrDO pic.twitter.com/1eTxMhrJsT
— PM of Israel (@IsraeliPM) August 10, 2020
En el fortalecimiento de nuestras relaciones con Israel, anunciamos que abriremos una oficina de innovación, que nos permitirá traer y llevar experiencias, además de consolidar las oportunidades de la cuarta revolución Industrial. #ColombiaIsraelMásInnovación pic.twitter.com/WsRY5F7Xyi
— Iván Duque 🇨🇴 (@IvanDuque) August 10, 2020
12) UK and Israel sign agreement on military cooperation: “Generals from both states say they will increase links in different areas as Britain eyes Israel’s digital fighting platform.” With the defeat of Jeremy Corbyn in Britain’s general election in 2019, military cooperation between Israel and the UK will continue to intensify in the years to come.
— Rafi Cohen-Almagor (@almagor35) December 13, 2020
13) Israel, Greece and Cyprus agree to boost defense cooperation: The three Eastern Mediterranean countries are partners in brining natural gas to mainland Europe. Israel Defense Minister Benny Gantz said “it was agreed during talks in Nicosia, Cyprus, to “promote large-scale industry cooperation that will bolster our defense abilities and create thousands of jobs for all three economies.”
3rd Trilateral of the Ministers of Defence of #Israel – #Cyprus – #Greece:
Warm meeting between Israel Defence Minister @gantzbe & Cyprus President @AnastasiadesCY. Regional challenges and bilateral cooperation, bringing our countries closer together.#PartnersForOurFuture 🇮🇱🇨🇾🇬🇷 pic.twitter.com/rydYHe3iiT
— Sammy Revel 🇮🇱 (@SammyRevel) November 12, 2020
14) Chevron enters Israel energy market: After decades of being avoiding by America’s energy giants, the U.S energy conglomerate Chevron acquired Israel’s Noble Energy. This acquisition will enable “huge investment opportunities for high-tech and start-ups in the energy sector,” says Israel’s Energy Minister Yuval Steinitz.
Chevron is proud to officially welcome Noble Energy’s employees, partners and communities. Learn how this acquisition will bring together the best of each organization: https://t.co/lfsugD5TrD pic.twitter.com/CQWLv2aFy7
— Chevron (@Chevron) October 5, 2020
15) Israel receives new battleship from Germany: The ship will bolster Israel’s growing navy, and protect Israel’s offshore natural gas fields. Three more such ships will arrive in Israel in 2021.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.