Why, on G-d’s green earth, was this Obama radical still there?
Quick note: Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. We will not waver. We will not tire. We will not falter, and we will not fail. Freedom will prevail.
Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.
Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.
Within hours of Barr's order the Obama lackey heading up DOJ's Election Crimes division resigned. He should've been fired long ago since he was up to his eyeballs in Lois Lerner's IRS targeting of conservatives. At least he's gone at this critical moment. https://t.co/CVt8YZzrS7
— Jerry Hatchett, aka ChopOMatic (@Chop0Matic) November 10, 2020
Justice Dept. election crimes head quits after Barr memo over ‘voter fraud’
By: Don Jacobson, UPI, November 10, 2020:
Nov. 10 (UPI) — The head of the Justice Department office that looks into potential election crimes has resigned in protest following an order from U.S. Attorney General William Barr instructing federal prosecutors to be prepared to look, if necessary, into accusations of voter fraud in the presidential race.
Richard Pilger, director of the department’s Election Crimes Branch, suggested in a memo to colleagues late Monday that his departure is a direct result of Barr’s instruction.
Barr had told prosecutors that they could investigate “substantial allegations of vote tabulation irregularities” before the election results are certified — a move that goes against longstanding tradition and policy at the Justice Department, which is intended to be the federal government’s independent, apolitical investigative arm.
Barr’s memo followed repeated and unsupported accusations by President Donald Trump and some Republicans that there was widespread mail voter fraud during the 2020 campaign. No one has yet produced any evidence of widespread voter fraud.
RELATED Barr approves investigations into alleged voting irregularities
Trump made repeated accusations all of last week and particularly after the race was called Saturday in former Vice President Joe Biden’s favor.
“Having familiarized myself with the new policy and its ramifications, and in accord with the best tradition of the John C. Keeney Award for Exceptional Integrity and Professionalism (my most cherished departmental recognition), I must regretfully resign from my role as director of the Election Crimes Branch,” Pilger wrote in the letter, which was posted to Twitter by advocate and former Justice Department assistant attorney for civil rights Vanita Gupta.
Trump has not conceded the race and his appointed administrator at the General Services Administration has not yet affirmed Biden as the presumptive winner, a step that unlocks millions in federal funds that allow presidents-elect to begin forming their administrations.
RELATED China, Russia wait for official U.S. election results as Trump refuses defeat
Some experts have expressed concern that delaying the start of the Biden’s transition could put the country even more behind the COVID-19 pandemic and open the United States to national security risks.
In his letter, Pilger said Barr’s memo amounted to “an important new policy abrogating the 40-year-old Non-Interference Policy for ballot fraud investigations in the period prior to elections becoming certified and uncontested.”
Barr’s memo doesn’t order prosecutors to investigate fraud, but rather instructs them to be prepared to do so if evidence or the need arises. Barr also hasn’t given any indication that the department has any evidence to support Trump’s claims.
RELATED Trump campaign picks Rep. Doug Collins to lead Georgia recount
Nevertheless, Gupta said Barr’s memo is an attempt at “scaremongering” intended to cast an even greater cloud over the election results.
“Trump is furious, demanding all ‘his’ lawyers take action,” she wrote. “They have no evidence, so they’ll push the [narrative].”
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.