Many people still don’t realize it, but this is a war for free speech, for free societies. The French are being attacked because of the Muhammad cartoons, and because Macron has taken surprisingly strong steps in the wake of the beheading of a teacher for showing one of those cartoons. The only outcome that will be acceptable will be France’s surrender to Sharia blasphemy laws and the criminalizing of cartoons of Muhammad and of criticism of Islam in general. If the French don’t do that, expect many more attacks like the three that have taken place so far today.
“FRANCE UNDER SIEGE: Knifeman ‘shouting Allahu Akbar’ shot dead in Avignon & guard stabbed at French consulate in Saudi after Nice terror,” The Sun, October 29, 2020:
A KNIFEMAN who reportedly shouted “Allahu Akbar” and threatened police has been shot dead in the French city of Avignon.
It comes as a Saudi man was arrested in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia after attacking a guard at the French consulate – just hours after a suspected terror attack in Nice left three people dead.
French radio station Europe1 reports that the Avignon suspect shouted “Allahu Akbar” before being fatally shot by French police officers at around 11.15am today in Montfavet, a district of the southeastern French city.
No other casualties were reported.
Meanwhile in Jeddah, the French embassy said the consulate was subject to “an attack by knife which targeted a guard”, The Independent reports.
According to AFP, police in Mecca province, where Jeddah is situated, confirmed the attacker was a Saudi.
They did not give the nationality of the guard, who they said had sustained minor injuries.
A statement from the embassy read: “The French embassy strongly condemns this attack against a diplomatic outpost which nothing could justify.”
It added: “The assailant was apprehended by Saudi security forces immediately after the attack.
“The assailant was apprehended by Saudi security forces immediately after the attack.
It comes just hours after an attack at the basilica in the Notre-Dame area of Nice left three people dead.
Two of the victims – a man and a woman – were reportedly decapitated inside the church.
It was widely reported in French media they were beheaded, and the city’s mayor also confirmed the nature of the injuries, as well as police sources speaking to Reuters.
The third victim – a woman – reportedly managed to escape and took refuge in a nearby bar where she succumbed to her injuries, reports BFMTV.
Armed cops then stormed Notre-Dame – the largest Roman Catholic church in Nice – and shot the suspected terrorist, wounding him at around 9am local time.
Nice mayor Christian Estrosi said the attacker kept shouting “Allahu Akbar” even after he had been shot – and said it has all the hallmarks of a “terror attack“….
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.