It’s logical. The poison fruit of the job-killing party.
Unemployment Higher In States Controlled By Democrats
By: Brianna Lyman, Daily Caller, August 24, 2020:
- Massachusetts (16.1%)
- New York (15.9%)
- Nevada (14.0%)
- New Jersey (13.8%)
- Pennsylvania (13.7%)
The top five states are also majority Democrat-run:
- Massachusetts has a majority Democrat state legislature, Republican Gov. Charlie Baker, and Democratic U.S Sen. Ed Markey and Sen. Elizabeth Warren
- New York has a majority Democrat state legislature, Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and Democratic U.S Sen. Chuck Schumer and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
- Nevada has a majority Democrat state legislature, Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak, and Democratic U.S Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Jacky Rosen
- New Jersey has a majority Democrat state legislature, Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy, and Democratic U.S Sen. Cory Booker and Sen. Bob Menendez
- Pennsylvania has a majority Republican state legislature, Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf, and Democratic U.S Sen. Bob Casey Jr. and Republican Sen. Pat Toomey
Meanwhile, Republican controlled states like Georgia had a July unemployment rate of 7.6%, while Republican controlled Florida saw an 11.3% unemployment rate in July.
Aside from the five states with high levels of unemployment, data shows that Democratic trifecta states, where Democrats control both state legislatures and the governorship, have a higher level of unemployment than their Republican counterparts. There are currently fifteen Democratic trifectas and 21 Republican trifectas.
Democratic trifecta states are:
- California (13.3)
- Colorado (7.4)
- Connecticut (10.2)
- Delaware (10.4)
- Hawaii (13.1)
- Illinois (11.3)
- Maine (9.9)
- Nevada (14)
- New Jersey (13.8)
- New Mexico (12.7)
- New York (15.9)
- Oregon (10.4)
- Rhode Island (11.2)
- Virginia (8)
- Washington (10.3)
- Washington, D.C (8.4)
According to the data, Democrat Trifectas have an average unemployment rate of 11.3% compared to Republican trifectas which have an average unemployment rate of 7.7%. In states that lean Democrat, where Democrats control 2 out of 3 of either the state senate, state house or governorship, the average unemployment rate is 9.6%, compared to states that lean Republican which shows an average unemployment rate of 8.9%.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.