The academic Left has been working for decades to replace genuine American history with a farrago of tendentious nonsense designed to make Americans embarrassed to be American. Howard Zinn’s history of the United States and the 1619 Project are just two of these efforts. Those whom they have thoroughly propagandized will have no objection to their plan to “fundamentally transform” America. What one does not value, one will not defend.
In the face of this threat to our very survival as a nation, I did the only thing I know how to do: I wrote a book.
My latest book, Rating America’s Presidents: An America-First Look at Who Is Best, Who Is Overrated, and Who Was An Absolute Disaster, arrived yesterday, and it is available for preorder now.
Many people have asked me why, after writing so much about Islam, I’ve put out a book about American history. The short answer is, I wrote about American history because I am an American, I love America, and we see in Seattle, Portland and elsewhere these days that all too many young Americans don’t love America at all, but hate it with a sinister passion and are determined to destroy it.
Rating America’s Presidents is no dry academic exercise, any more than the pulling down of statues of American heroes such as Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant and Frederick Douglass by Leftist savages is an act of landscaping. It is a presentation of what we have to preserve and defend, and what the Left and the jihadis want to destroy. A people without a history is a people ready to be enslaved. That is the Left’s endgame. Deny them the victory.
- The crises in America today are not new. They’re rooted in conflicts that go right back to America’s Founding
- Even though the conflicts in America today have age-old roots, some aspects of them are indeed new – and are the product of insidious forces working to harm the nation
- Some of the worst problems America face today come from the misbegotten ideas of some of our most high-minded Presidents
- Numerous self-serving political agendas have in American history have been cynically and dishonestly presented in the language of high-mindedness and civic morality
- There are certain public policies that have almost always led to national prosperity, and some that have almost always led to disaster
- America survived previous rending and bloody conflicts, including the civil war, because of an underlying unity that may no longer exist
- Donald Trump was not the first President to face a deep-state cabal of unelected, unaccountable people who exercised an unhealthy control over American politics (the first one beat them, and Trump will, too)
- Far from being a society marked by “systemic racism,” America is unique worldwide in fighting against racism at the highest levels, with a succession of Republican Presidents calling for racial equality even during the worst days of the Jim Crow era
- There was no “party switch” in the 1960s, with the Republicans embracing racism and the Democrats racial justice. But there was indeed a party switch that influences American politics to this day
- The Democratic Party’s support for civil rights was always marked by a deep and self-serving cynicism, with one Democrat President even boasting that his civil rights bill would have “n—-rs” voting Democrat for 100 years
- As a young lawyer, a future Republican President fought for equality of access to transportation services 100 years beforeRosa Parks
- What populist Leftists really mean when they promise to break the power of big business and fight for the rights of the people
- The capitulation that led to the establishment Republican Party becoming a weak echo of the Democrats rather than a genuine choice for the American people
- How the discarding of the America-First principle and the embrace of internationalism has weakened America and harmed Americans in numerous ways
- The Presidents who put down armed domestic insurrections in the past, in accord with Constitutional mandates that are now derided as moves toward “dictatorship”
- How even those Founding Father who owned slaves themselves fought against the slave power and put slavery on the road to extinction in the United States
- The shocking details of how some of the worst, most damaging presidential administrations in American history have governed over the last thirty years.
Order Rating America’s Presidents: An America-First Look at Who Is Best, Who Is Overrated, and Who Was An Absolute Disaster here.
Robert Spencer is the director of Jihad Watch and a Shillman Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center. He is author of 21 books, including the New York Times bestsellers The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) and The Truth About Muhammad. His latest book is Rating America’s Presidents: An America-First Look at Who Is Best, Who Is Overrated, and Who Was An Absolute Disaster. Follow him on Twitter here. Like him on Facebook here.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.