Still, the enemedia polishes Cuomo’s knob every day at his vanity press conference.
Gov. Cuomo sent 6,300 COVID-19 patients to nursing homes during pandemic.
On April 19, news outlets were reporting nursing home deaths represented 25% of all COVID-19 fatalities in New York. Despite this, Cuomo announced, the very next day, that he would continue to send the COVID stricken into nursey homes, the most vulnerable of the population.
It was known — back in March that COVID was lethal for the elderly and the sick.
Look at the date of this tweet:
.@NYGovCuomo says New York is re-admitting seniors with Coronavirus to nursing homes.
Is he nuts?
— Geller Report (@PamelaGeller) April 20, 2020
I tweeted this on APRIL 20th. It was known THEN that COVID was lethal for seniors
As we speak, @NYGovCuomo is at his daily vanity presser scoffing at reporter's questions concerning thousands of NY nursing home deaths, blaming CDC & anyone else for HIS deadly nursing home policy https://t.co/5yNro39kfv
— Geller Report (@PamelaGeller) July 6, 2020
How many thousands of seniors did @NYGovCuomo infect/kill by sending corona stricken patients into nursing homes?
NO ACCOUNTABILITY. The enemedia adore him
Imagine if Cuomo put every nursing home senior on hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin/zinc. NY death rate would have been half
— Geller Report (@PamelaGeller) May 11, 2020
Hey @NYGovCuomo the biggest drag on NY state is Medicaid – trying to rid the state of the old, sick, and disabled?
Nazi policy. https://t.co/6q8M3JyQug
— Geller Report (@PamelaGeller) May 12, 2020
Gov. Cuomo sent 6,300 COVID-19 patients to nursing homes during pandemic
By Vincent Barone, NY Post, July 8, 2020 |
New York dispatched more than 6,300 recovering coronavirus patients into vulnerable nursing homes during the height of the pandemic, officials said this week.
The transfers were made under a now-scrapped, highly criticized policy that barred nursing homes from refusing to take in COVID-19 patients — a directive from the Cuomo administration intending to free up hospital beds for the sickest patients.
New York is now home to one of the highest nursing home death tolls in the nation, with more than 6,400 deaths in homes and long-term care facilities tied to the virus.
But Gov. Andrew Cuomo and his administration argue that the controversial policy is not to blame for the tragic figure.
State Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker instead said the virus was spread by the 20,000 infected home staffers, many of whom kept going to work in March and April unaware that they were sick — findings outlined in a DOH report issued Monday.
“Facts matter. And those are the facts,” Zucker said during a news conference Monday.
The report backs claims Cuomo had been making for weeks that sick staff, not transported patients, had caused the deadly spread through nursing homes.
Critics in the state Legislature have challenged the report’s credibility, with lawmakers planning to move ahead with public hearings on the nursing home death, NY1 reported.
Assemblyman Ron Kim (D-Queens), condemned the report as a “cover-up.”
“This is a conflict of interest for the health department to investigate its own poor decisions,” Kim said on Monday.
“For them to say that the decision of sending COVID-19 patients from hospitals into nursing did not contribute to increasing infections is ludicrous,” Kim said.
Cuomo senior adviser Richard Azzopardi clapped back at some of the criticism Monday.
“Once again, Ron Kim doesn’t know what he’s talking about and apparently doesn’t care about embarrassing himself,” Azzopardi said at the time. “The DOH report was peer-reviewed by experts at Mount Sinai and Northwell Health, and it’s disturbing that this politician is refusing to believe facts, science and dates on a calendar.”
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.