UK: Migrant who stabbed three people to death was in government’s “deradicalization” program

21

I have long written on the inherent failures of jihad deradicalization programs. They are doomed to failure because they do not address the root cause, the motive for holy war – Islamic texts and teachings.

These counter terror and “deradicalization” programs are nothing more than charters for surrender. Of all the absurd and ludicrous responses by leftist elites to the jihad threat, “deradicalization” ranks as the most inane. How can a program claim to address the ideological motive behind acts of war without addressing the ideology? These absurd programs are based on the idea that Islam is a Religion of Peace, and that jihad terrorists are misunderstanding it. But this is false, so the programs are a failure.

The only deradicalization center in France, for example, was closed down because of the high failure rate, which was foredoomed since it was never going to deal with motive.

Deal with motive, end jihad recruitment and preaching in prisons, and demand that the mosques stop preaching jihad and submit to being monitored. Only that has any possibility of working.

“Police stopped Reading terror suspect A DAY before attack: Khairi Saadallah was found wandering the streets by mental health team after missing a check hours before he ‘killed three people’ as it emerges he was on government’s deradicalisation programme”, by David Barrett, Larisa Brown and Rebecca Camber, Daily Mail, June 23, 2020:

Police intercepted the Reading terror suspect on the street just hours before he allegedly went on the rampage, the Daily Mail can reveal.

A specialist mental health team was asked to search for Khairi Saadallah after officials failed to find him during a routine check at his home last Friday.

Later that evening, just before midnight, he was found on a street in Reading, sources disclosed.

Saadallah is believed to have then been taken home to his council flat in the south of the town – and just hours later is alleged to have stabbed three men to death as they sat in a local park, Forbury Gardens.

Several police and psychiatric nurses, known as a ‘street triage’ team run jointly by Thames Valley Police and the NHS, encountered the 25-year-old Libyan after an alert was raised as part of his psychiatric care, sources said.

It came as a former Labour justice minister revealed in the Commons that Saadallah had been released from prison just 16 days before being arrested over the terror attack.

Maria Eagle said: ‘The person who has been arrested suspected of these offences has been reported as being of interest to the security services as a potential terrorist sympathiser and was released well before the end of his sentence from a prison – a mere 16 days before this murderous rampage took place.’

Home Secretary Priti Patel said she was unable to comment given the police investigation, but it will raise further concerns that the authorities missed opportunities to prevent Saturday’s knife attacks.

In other developments:

The remaining victims were named as David Wails, 49, a senior scientist at a global chemicals company, and Joe Ritchie-Bennett, 39, a pharmaceutical worker originally from the US, who died along with history teacher James Furlong, 36;
Police refused to rule out the possibility it may have been a homophobic attack;
The Home Secretary outlined plans to speed up deportation of foreign criminals, after No 10 vowed that ‘lessons will be learned’ from the attack;
The country’s former top counter-terror police officer, Sir Mark Rowley, warned that police and security services faced a ‘wicked problem’ deciding which of the 40,000 known threats could launch a terror attack;
Tory MP Chris Loder praised his parliamentary assistant, named only as James, who carried out CPR on a victim of the attack, using his shirt to stem bleeding;
Police were granted more time to question Saadallah, who was arrested on Saturday.

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.

or

Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Pin It on Pinterest