The Democrats stand with the brutal Communist Chinese and their stooge, the WHO.
German Intel Service Says Tedros and Xi Worked Together To Hide Outbreak for Weeks: Report
World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, left, shakes hands with Chinese President Xi Jinping before a meeting at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on Jan. 28, 2020.
By Jack Davis, Western Journal, May 10, 2020:
A new report claims that in January, China asked the World Health Organization to cover up emerging details about the spread of the coronavirus.
The allegation was contained in the German publication Der Spiegel, according to The Daily Caller.
Advertisement – story continues below
The Daily Caller said the German-language report said Chinese President Xi Jinping personally contacted WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus to cover up details about the outbreak in Wuhan, and cited information that Der Spiegel said was supplied by the German intelligence agency BND.
Xi asked the controversial Tedros not to announce that human-to-human spread of the virus was taking place, the report said, according to The Daily Caller.
Xi also asked Tedros to stall declaration of a pandemic, the Taiwan News reported.
The report said the German intelligence agency said that the delay in announcing the full extent of the spread of the virus led the world to waste four to six weeks it could have used to prepare for the onslaught.
The WHO issued a statement on Saturday denying the report.
“Der Spiegel reports of a 21 January, 2020, telephone conversation between WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus and President Xi [Jinping] of China are unfounded and untrue,” the statement said.
“Dr Tedros and President Xi did not speak on 21 January and they have never spoken by telephone,” the statement said. “Such inaccurate reports distract and detract from WHO’s and the world’s efforts to end the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The statement said that “China confirmed human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus on 20 January.”
On Jan. 20, ABC reported the WHO as saying there was “limited human-to-human transmission” of the virus.
“This is in line with experience with other respiratory illnesses and in particular with other coronavirus outbreaks,” the WHO said then, according to ABC, noting that at the time the extent of human-to-human transmission was uncertain.
The WHO did not declare the coronavirus a global emergency until Jan. 30, according to The New York Times.
President Donald Trump froze U.S. funding for the WHO on the grounds it failed in its mission to protect the world.
RELATED: City Passes Resolution Declaring Term ‘Chinese Virus’ is Hateful, Encourages Citizens to Report Its Use to Authorities
“The World Health Organization has been a disaster,” Trump told Fox News last week.
“Everything they’ve said was wrong. And they’re China-centric. They agree with China, whatever China wants to do. So our country, perhaps foolishly in retrospect, has been paying $450 million a year to the World Health Organization. And China’s been paying $38 million a year,” he said, later adding that the WHO “missed every single call.”
A Department of Homeland Security report has said that China’s leadership “intentionally concealed the severity” of the disease in early January, according to The Associated Press.
The DHS report said China withheld information from the WHO while it was stocking up on medical supplies.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.