Female genital mutilation is an Islamic ritual rampant in the Muslim world. With the increase of Muslim immigration into the United States, so, too, have clitordectomies increased. There have been at least 500,000 girls in U.S. who have undergone genital mutilation, or are at risk of having it done.
Back is 2017, six Muslims in the Detroit area, including two doctors, a physician’s wife, two mothers and a sixth woman were all accused of participating in various degrees of subjecting young girls to genital cutting as part of a Islamic religious practice.
The arrests of Dr. Nagarwala and two others represented the first federal female genital mutilation (FGM) investigation in United States history. FGM is common in the Islamic world, particularly in Africa. According to UNICEF, 98% of Somali girls and 87% of Egyptians have endured the procedure. FGM involves removing varying amounts of the victim’s — usually a pre-pubescent girl — clitoris, labia majoria, and labia minora. In its most extreme form, the victim is “infibulated,” having virtually all her external genitalia removed and being sown up, leaving her with only a tiny hole from which to urinate and menstruate.
Documents show much more serious mutilation by the accused Dr. Jumana Nagarwala’s alleged victims’ genitals than the doctor admitted to.
Judge Bernard Friedman has dismissed another charge against a Detroit-area doctor accused of female genital mutilation, leaving prosecutors with just one charge remaining.
And if you can, please contribute to Geller Report. YOU make the work possible.
Judge Bernard Friedman has dropped nearly all the charges against a Michigan doctor accused of performing female genital mutilation on at least nine underage girls, according to court documents.Judge Bernard Friedman ruled that the federal female genital mutilation law is unconstitutional and that Congress did not have the right to criminalize the practice, and therefore he dismissed six of eight charges in the United States’ first federal case involving the procedure.“ “Congress had overstepped its constitutional power in banning the operation.” Friedman wrote, calling it a “local criminal activity” for the states to regulate, not Congress.
Half a million women and girls in the United States have either been subjected to the horrific procedure known as female genital mutilation — or they face a risk of having it performed.The federal government has made another two arrests in the ever widening female genital mutilation prosecution case in Michigan bringing the number of Muslims charged to six. With another half a million girls at risk of FGM, those charged should be in the tens of thousands.
And while six little girls have been identified as victims of vaginal mutilation in the government’s ongoing female genital mutilation probe, as many as 100 Muslim girls in the community may have been subjected to genital cutting.
All three Illinois girls were about 7 years old at the time of when this procedures were performed on them. The doctors are used a religious defense. “Freedom of religion” does not mean freedom to mutilate and murder.
FACTS ABOUT FGM:
- Dissemblers and deceivers claim that FGM is cultural phenomenon, not religious. FGM is an Islamic cultural phenomenon. FGM is found only within and adjacent to Muslim communities. (source: Gerry Mackie, “Ending Footbinding and Infibulation: A Convention Account,” American Sociological Review).
- Unlike male circumcision, female genital mutilation has no health benefits for girls and women.
- Female genital mutilation (FGM) involves partial or total removal of the clitoris, causing injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.
- Female genital mutilation procedure has no health benefits for girls and women. It removes all possibility of sexual pleasure. It is the worst kind of misogyny.
- Procedures can cause severe bleeding and problems urinating, and later cysts, infections, as well as complications in childbirth and increased risk of newborn deaths.
More than 200 million girls and women alive today have been cut in 30 countries in Africa, the Middle East and Asia, where FGM is concentrated.
- FGM is mostly carried out on young girls between infancy and age 15.
- FGM is a violation of the human rights of girls and women.
- Unlike male circumcision, this procedure has no health benefits. It has one purpose and one purpose only, to remove the female’s most sensitive erogenous zone and the source of human female sexual pleasure. Chalk it up to another of Islam’s constitutions to [in] humanity.
Judge Dismisses Most Serious Charge In Genital Mutilation Case
WWJ News, March 07, 2020
DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – A judge has dismissed another charge against a Detroit-area doctor accused of female genital mutilation, leaving prosecutors with just one charge remaining.
Jumana Nagarwala was charged with conspiring with out-of-state mothers to have them travel to Michigan to engage in illicit sexual conduct.
But federal Judge Bernard Friedman said the charge must be dismissed because the mothers didn’t travel with the aim of engaging in sexual conduct with another person. They brought their daughters to Nagarwala.
The government had accused Nagarwala of performing genital mutilation on nine girls at a Livonia clinic. Authorities alleged that mothers brought their girls to Nagarwala when they were roughly 7-years-old for the procedure.
Nagarwala has denied any crime was committed and said she performed a religious custom on girls from her Muslim sect, the India-based Dawoodi Bohra. She said she only “removed mucous” from the alleged victims and then handed the gauze to the family for burial.
Nagarawala and seven others were charged with multiple crimes when the case surfaced in 2017. But nearly all charges were dismissed last November when Friedman ruled a 1996 federal law banning female genital mutilation was unconstitutional, saying Congress didn’t have the power to regulate the behavior in the first place.
Genital mutilation, also known as female circumcision or cutting, has been condemned by the United Nations. The World Health Organization says there is no health benefit to the procedure, and it can cause numerous health problems. The practice is common in parts of Asia, Africa and the Middle East and is generally performed as a way of controlling a girl’s sexuality.
Michigan lawmakers banned the procedure after Nagarwala’s arrest.
Three others are facing obstruction charges in the case, including two doctors who allegedly assisted Nagarawala.
- Feds can’t pursue female genital mutilation appeal based on weak law
- Detroit: Federal judge orders female genital mutilation charges against Muslim doctor dropped
- Michigan: Defense in case against Muslim doctor tries to toss female genital mutilation charges
- Feds discover more victims of Muslim doctors in Detroit female genital mutilation case (FGM)
- Michigan doctor on trial for vaginal mutilation cases at WAR against feds, American law, uses sharia defense
- More Than 500,000 in U.S. at Risk for Female Genital Mutilation, Feds Say
- Judge dismisses 1 charge in Michigan female genital mutilation (FGM) case
- Michigan: Muslim Doctor Accused Of Mutilating Female Genitalia Freed From Michigan Jail
- Mother charged with forcing daughter to undergo FGM wants her ankle monitor removed because it irritates her skin
- Motor City Muslim MD Female Genital Mutilators Were Motivated By Their Most Authoritative Islamic Law Text
- FGM doctors plan religious freedom defense, Dershowitz on legal team
- Democrats In Minnesota, Maine Side With Female Genital Mutilation Savages<
- 6th Muslim charged in Detroit vaginal mutilation cases
- 4th Muslim charged in Detroit female genital mutilation case
- Michigan Mosque PAID For Female Genital Mutilation Procedures
- FBI’s James Comey Highlights Arrests of Michigan Doctors for Performing Female Genital Mutilation
- Federal Law Doesn’t Require Healthcare Providers to Report FGM Despite HALF A MILLION ‘At Risk’
- Report: Detroit Muslim FGM-Doctor Mutilated Girls Far Worse Than She Admit<
- Michigan: Muslim doctor held for performing female genital mutilation is wife of mosque leader
- How the American media covers [up] Islamic practice of female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Detroit: Muslim Doctor Busted for Female Genital Mutilations of Girls Across American Midwest
- Feds drop BOMBSHELL: Up to 100 girls may have had their genitals cut in Michigan
- Another Michigan doctor and his wife charged with performing female genital mutilations on minors as young as six
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.