Pelosi whines about not being notified but when she is – concerning U.S. soldiers under attack – she refuses to take the call.If we had a mainstream media with a modicum of journalistic ethics, the American people would toss the Democrat party of treason to the dustbin of history.
Nancy Pelosi Dodged Mike Pence Phone Call Notifying Her of Iranian Missile Attack: ‘Tell Him I’ll Call Him Back’
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refused to immediately take a phone call from Vice President Mike Pence on Tuesday evening notifying her that Iran had launched missile attacks against at least two U.S. military bases in Iraq.
By Mathew Boyle, Breitbart, January 7, 2019
“Tell him I’ll call him back,” Pelosi said to an aide who handed her a note that the vice president was calling her during a meeting, opting to not immediately take the phone call as U.S. bases in Iraq were under attack and instead call the vice president back.
Pelosi was in a meeting, according to Politico’s Heather Caygle, and was set to open the U.S. House for a new session moments later.
In meeting tonight Speaker Pelosi was handed a note telling her VP Pence was on the phone.
“Tell him I’ll call him back,” she said according to sources in room, noting she had to go open the House for new session.
Two minutes later, she was handed note about air base bombing.
— Heather Caygle (@heatherscope) January 7, 2020
On Capitol Hill, Nancy Pelosi was handed a note about the attack while she was speaking at a meeting, according to lawmakers inside the room.
— POLITICO (@politico) January 8, 2020
Pelosi did eventually call the vice president back at 6:34 p.m., Caygle noted in a follow-up tweet citing Pelosi’s deputy chief of staff Drew Hammill on the record:
Pelosi called Pence back at 6:34 pm and he briefed her on Iranian attack, per @Drew_Hammill
— Heather Caygle (@heatherscope) January 7, 2020
Others in media also reported that Pelosi did not initially take Pence’s call:
Later, Pelosi herself tweeted about the attacks from Iran:
Closely monitoring the situation following bombings targeting U.S. troops in Iraq. We must ensure the safety of our servicemembers, including ending needless provocations from the Administration and demanding that Iran cease its violence. America & world cannot afford war.
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) January 8, 2020
Iran launched a dozen ballistic missile attacks against at least two U.S. military bases in Iraq on Tuesday evening. At this time, it is unclear if there were any casualties and what the extent of damage is.
The Iranian attacks came in response to President Donald Trump’s ordering last week of an airstrike that killed Iranian Quds Force Gen. Qasem Soleimani. Soleimani, a terrorist responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Americans, was one of Iran’s most senior officials for years. His work, including the development and implementation of IEDs or Improvised Explosive Devices against U.S. forces in Iraq for the past decade-plus, has claimed hundreds of American lives and injured thousands more.
Trump ordered the strike on Soleimani, which has escalated already-heightened tensions between the U.S. and Iran, because of Soleimani’s role in an attack on the U.S. embassy in Iraq as well as the death of an American contractor in Iraq. The strike hit Soleimani at the Baghdad airport.
These ballistic missile strikes on U.S. installations in Iraq, Iran said, are meant to be considered the official Iranian response to the Soleimani strike.
President Trump late Tuesday night tweeted that he will have a statement on the Iranian response to the Soleimani strike on Wednesday morning:
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.