Joy Reid should be fired over this anti-American tweet. Did Joy Reid want another Benghazi? Would Joy Reid have preferred if an American soldier had been killed during this attack, if it meant a defeat for President Trump?
MSNBC’s Joy Reid Faces Intense Backlash Over Remarks On American Soldiers Being Attacked
By The Daily Wire, January 1st, 2019:
Far-left MSNBC host Joy Reid faced intense backlash across the political spectrum on Wednesday over remarks that she made in a tweet that many viewed as her cheering on terrorists who were attacking American soldiers at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.
Reid’s remarks came after hundreds of Iranian-backed terrorists attacked the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad in response to U.S. forces killing dozens of terrorists from Kataeb Hezbollah.
Reid commented on a tweet from a bot account that noted that Trump tweeted on Tuesday, “Read the Transcripts!”
Reid wrote: “As Trump’s Benghazi unfolds in Iraq…”
As Trump's Benghazi unfolds in Iraq… https://t.co/X8FsJpt6Au
— Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid) December 31, 2019
Reid faced backlash from Democrats, Senators, and even a member of the first family over her remarks.
- Donald Trump Jr. wrote: “‘Trump’s Benghazi’ was handled with decisive action, like an actual leader would respond. The response (since they actually bothered to respond, unlike Obama/Crooked) was really the anti-Benghazi response! You’re welcome.”
- Democrat and former CIA officer Bryan Dean Wright wrote: “‘Trump’s Benghazi’ is now ending with no dead Ambassador, no dead service members, and the enemy withdrawing. A disappointing conclusion for Joy Reid and The Resistance, no doubt, but a great day for America.”
- Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) wrote: “What’s wrong with you? Is partisan hatred really that deep? We root for American soldiers, not against them.”
- NBC San Francisco Host Scott McGrew wrote: “This is an absurd take. The crisis ended with no loss of life. Security held, the US continues operations. There are zero parallels.”
- Todd Starnes wrote: “Ma’am, I used to think you were just an ignorant moron. Now, I’ve come to believe you are an unpatriotic moron. And ignorant, too.”
- Dan Bongino wrote: “Aaaaaaaaaaand the gold medal for ‘Dumbest Tweet of the Decade’ goes to……………………… MSNBC’s Joy Reid!!! Congrats Joy! You earned this one.”
It’s a sad day when you can hear it in the media’s voice how upset they are that the Iraq embassy attack hasn’t turned into a disaster like Benghazi because this administration had the guts to actually take action & defend Americans. At least we know whose side they’re on!
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) January 1, 2020
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.