— Borna Khiabani (@Borna___) November 25, 2019
Secretary Pompeo condemns Iran’s aggression towards protesters
OAN Newsroom, November 26, 2019
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the U.S. will keep punishing Iran as long as it continues to use violence on protesters. During a press briefing at the State Department Tuesday, Pompeo said he and President Trump have been following the anti-government demonstrations in the Islamic Republic.
The U.S. secretary went on to say the people are taking to the streets as a result of the regime’s poor economic management, adding, the government is responding to their concerns with violence. Pompeo also revealed the U.S. asked demonstrators to send videos of the government’s abuses, so the U.S. can expose their violence.
This is what’s been happening in #Iran during the near-total internet shutdown. Security forces have shot and killed at least 106 people with complete impunity in nationwide protests. This is what they don’t want the rest of the world to see.
I have asked the Iranian protestors to send us their videos, photos, and information documenting the regime’s crackdown on protestors. The U.S. will expose and sanction the abuses. https://t.co/korr5p0woA
— Secretary Pompeo (@SecPompeo) November 21, 2019
“We have received to date nearly 20,000 messages, videos, pictures, notes of the regime’s abuses through telegram messaging services…I hope they they will continue to be sent to us,” he stated. “We will continue to sanction Iranian officials who are responsible for these human rights abuses.”
The protests have been ongoing for several weeks after the country imposed a sharp increase to oil prices. So far, at least 115 people have been killed as a result of those demonstrations.
This is the reality in #Iran . Shame on the mainstream media that not only refuses to cover the protests but is acting as the mullahs propoganda machine by down playing #IranProtests shame on all apologists @codepink @FedericaMog who support the mullahs https://t.co/uwkdbtOwu2
— Arash Sobhani آرش سبحانی (@arash_sobhani) November 22, 2019
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.