The Daily Mail has come up with yet another sharia-compliant euphemism for devout Muslim – “fundamentalist fanatic.”
Quick note: Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. We will not waver. We will not tire. We will not falter, and we will not fail. Freedom will prevail.
Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.
Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.
Fundamentalist fanatic delivery driver, 29, who terrorised Bethnal Green with his ‘Muslim Patrol’ that tried to stop couples holding hands and laughed hysterically at Lee Rigby memorial faces jail
- Delivery driver Royal Barnes, 29, of Hackney was a member of a ‘Muslim Patrol’
- Barnes was jailed for 5 years 3 months in 2013 for glorifying Lee Rigby murder
- He failed to notify police of his phones, bank cars and cars he owned
- Barnes will be sentenced on Monday 7 October after admitting two counts of threatening behaviour and seven counts of failing to comply with requirements
By Emily Webber For Mailonline, 4 October 2019
A fundamentalist fanatic who tried to stop couples holding hands in Bethnal Green is facing jail for having illegal phones and bank cards.
Delivery driver Royal Barnes, 29, of Hackney, east London, was a member of a self-styled ‘Muslim Patrol’ who tried to enforce Sharia law in east London.
Barnes was jailed for five years and three months in 2013 for glorifying the beheading of solider Lee Rigby and laughing hysterically at the memorial while driving past the scene of the murder in Woolwich, east London.
He then ignored an order forcing him to notify police of his phones, bank cards and cars.
Barnes is a friend of Lee Rigby murderer Michael Adebolajo and has previously admitted making a string of sickening videos celebrating the murder of the soldier.
In 2013, along with Jordan Horner and Ricardo MacFarlane, they toured the streets harassing people they judged to be breaking strict Islamic codes, and attacked ‘non-believers’.
Royal Barnes is pictured laughing hysterically as he drives past the memorial for Lee Rigby in Woolwich, east London
Prosecuting Mark Dawson told the Old Bailey: ‘Mr Barnes pleaded guilty to the seven charges on September 25 and was sent to this court.’
Fusilier Lee Rigby was killed by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale near the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich, southeast London
On March 14 2014 Barnes received a 64-month custodial penalty. The qualifying period for this conviction was one of 15 years.
Barnes was released from that sentence in September 2016 but was recalled to prison for breaching his licensing conditions for after being caught with an internet-enabled phone.
Mr Dawson said: ‘On his release on March 3 this year he was to hand back the phone that had led to his recall.
‘When released he is required to notify within three days various requirements.
He declared an email address, a mobile phone, a NatWest account, a change of address and the purchase of a vehicle.’
But Barnes he did not tell police about a Blackberry phone where he concealed details of contacts.
Police found him using two unregistered phones which he used 4,000 times in a four to five-month period.
He has amassed 27 convictions for offences including ‘inciting the murder of servicemen in foreign conflicts and where he glorified the murder of Lee Rigby,’ said Mr Dawson.
‘He was stopped on 30 August by police in another vehicle he did not declare. The iPhone was found in his hand and the Blackberry was found in his home address.’
‘In his wallet there were two bank cards he did not declare.’
Ringleader: Jordan Horner, known as Jamal Uddin, was jailed for six weeks in July last year for beating up a photographer and causing £3,000 of damage to a car in an attack in Walthamstow, east London
Barnes was banned from approaching people in public to promote Sharia Law or distributing leaflets for their cause even if they are outside a mosque.
He was also banned from distributing videos promoting Sharia Law.
‘Convictions 14 and 15 relate to people including the defendant himself, what was described as Sharia Patrols in East London, approaching members of the public and threatening them for not complying with Sharia Law.
‘There is just a long history of deliberate disregard for court orders. It is quite clear that his lack of notification is deliberate. It is repeated and it is ongoing.’
The religious vigilante group’s activities were exposed on YouTube where they dubbed women as ‘slags’ and used a megaphone to scream ‘kill the non-believers’ at innocent bystanders.
Two victims, Joshua Bilton and Anna Reddiford, were told to stop holding hands by Horner and Barnes as they walked down the street in Bethnal Green, east London.
Horner yelled through a megaphone: ‘Let go of each other’s hands. This is a Muslim area!’
In a second incident, on January 6 last year Horner and MacFarlane attacked a group of men drinking in the streets of Shoreditch, east London.
They screamed ‘kill the non-believers’ as Horner punched James Forward in the jaw and knocked out Patrick Kavanagh with a punch to the head.
A week later on January 13 Horner and Barnes confronted another couple, Clare Coyle and Robert Gray, walking in the street in Stepney, east London.
The 28-year-old accused Miss Coyle of dressing inappropriately in a Muslim area and that she would be punished in ‘hell fire’.
Horner then started filming the event on his mobile phone and branded Clare Coyle a ‘slag’, leading to her insisting: ‘This is Great Britain. I can dress how I wish.’
In the video, which was later uploaded on to YouTube, the group can be heard shouting: ‘You need to control this area and forbid people from exposing themselves outside the mosque.
‘Remove yourselves now. Muslim Patrol. Move away from the mosque. Don’t come back. We don’t respect those who disrespect God.’
In December 2013, Judge Rebecca Poulet QC jailed Horner for 68 weeks, MacFarlane for 12 months, and Barnes for 24 weeks.
Horner of Walthamstow, east London, pleaded guilty to two charges of assault and two charges of using threatening words and behaviour.
He was also jailed for six weeks in July last year for beating up a photographer and causing £3,000 of damage to a car in an attack in Walthamstow, east London.
McFarlane from Walthamstow, east London, whose real name is Ricardo Langaigne pleaded guilty to affray, and has previous convictions for criminal damage for painting over advertisements of women in the street.
Barnes, admitted two counts of using threatening words and behaviour, and has previous convictions for theft and handling stolen goods prior his conversion to Islam and also for using threatening words and behaviour on April 2012.
He admitted the seven counts of failing to comply with notification requirements under counter terrorism act 2008 at Westminster Magistrates’ court on 25 September this year
Barnes will be sentenced on Monday 7 October.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.