TERROR IN UK: 5 Stabbed in Mass Knife Rampage at Shopping Mall in Manchester


‘He was trying to get as many people as he could’: Man is arrested over ‘terror attack’ after knifeman stabs four people as he ran around ‘lunging’ at shoppers in Manchester’s Arndale Centre

Counter-terror police have today shut down Manchester’s Arndale shopping centre after four people were stabbed by a man who was sprinting around ‘lunging at people with a knife’. 

Shoppers ran for cover and barricaded themselves into stores after a man reportedly shouted racist abuse at staff and swung a knife at random victims near a Starbucks cafe at the city centre mall.

Police with tasers held a suspect in the street outside and armed officers quickly flooded the area. A man in his 40s is now being questioned by anti-terror officers on suspicion of serious assault.

One shopper described the ‘nightmare’ of seeing the knifeman plunging his blade into the back of one victim as he walked past Starbucks. Photos of the crime scene showed the tables were overturned and some where covered in blood.

A witness said: ‘I heard a woman scream. I span around and saw this guy who had a knife in his hand. It looked like he had stabbed her back. There was blood pouring from her and she just fell to the floor.

‘As soon as I saw the knife I just ran as fast as I could and was warning others what happened. Everyone was looking down from the first floor and there was real panic, people screaming.

‘The police were there in minutes and then we were evacuated. It was like a nightmare. Like something out of a horror film. It was awful. I can’t get that image out of my head.’

Three women, one aged 19, another in her 40s and another whose age is unknown, and a man in his 50s, are among the injured. One of those injured was said to have serious injuries. Two are in a stable condition in hospital. Another was treated at the scene.

Police are investigating whether this was a ‘lone wolf’ terror attack, the Manchester Evening News reported. The nature of the incident has led to counter-terror detectives taking charge and the investigation is said to centre on what the man said during the attack.

A mass stabbing at a busy shopping centre in the British city of Manchester on Friday left five people injured, prompting the counter-terrorism officers to take a lead of the investigation into the attack.

According to the Manchester Evening News, two women were knifed in the hand and a man suffered stab wounds to the back and stomach.

An MEN reporter said he was told that two people were “randomly stabbing” shoppers.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said that given the location and nature of the incident, specialist officers are continuing to investigate after a man was arrested on suspicion of serious assault.

The shopping centre is in the vicinity of the Manchester Arena, which was the site of a terror attack by an Islamic State (ISIS) claimed suicide bomber in 2017, who killed 22 people during an Ariana Grande concert.

“We can confirm that five people have been stabbed and taken to hospital. Given the location of the incident and its nature officers from Counter Terrorism Police North West are leading the investigation as we determine the circumstances,” the GMP statement said.(Outlook India)

British anti-terrorism police investigate Manchester mall attack

By PMN News, October 11, 2019:

British anti-terrorism police have taken charge of an investigation into the stabbing of five people at a shopping centre on Friday in the English city of Manchester, authorities said.

A “man in his 40s” was detained at the Arndale shopping centre on suspicion of committing the assault, Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.

The victims were hospitalized, the statement said. Police have not made a conclusion on the motive for the attack.

“In these early stages we are keeping an open mind about the motivation of the terrible incident and the circumstances as we know them,” the police said.

A man tasered by the police outside the Arndale mall in Manchester

The Manchester Evening News reported that one of the victims was seriously injured. A video showed a masked man being detained while lying on the ground as an officer held an electric shocker.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he was “shocked by the incident” and thanked authorities for their professionalism.

“My thoughts are with the injured and all those affected,” Johnson said in a statement.

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Pin It on Pinterest