Now they’re shaken? Merkel’s government has been scrubbing and downplaying the epidemic of migrant rape and violence. Remember the mass sexual attacks on women by migrants on New Years eEve? Law enforcement were instructed not to take reports from the victims and CCTV footage was deleted – harkening back to the Stasi of Merkel’s youth.
Merkel ought to be run clear out of Berlin.
Germans shaken by series of violent immigrant attacks
Conviction of Ali Bashar for rape and murder of 14-year-old sparks fresh round of debate
The conviction of Ali Bashar, who arrived in Germany with his family in 2015 with more than one million others, has sparked a fresh round of soul-searching in the country over immigration and public safety.
The court in the southwestern city of Wiesbaden ordered Bashar to serve at least 15 years before being considered for parole for the killing of Susanna Feldmann.
Bashar confessed to killing the girl but denied raping her. She went missing on May 22nd 2018, sparking a huge police search. Weeks later her body was found in brush near a railway line near her home city of Mainz. Around her neck, investigators found her jacket had been tied in a knot 8cm thick.
“Mr Bashar, you killed Susanne to cover up the prior rape,” said Judge Jürgen Bonk.
Diana Feldmann, the victim’s mother, wrote in the Bild tabloid: “I’ve already received my life sentence, though I am not guilty.”
After the killing Bashar fled to Iraq but he was brought back to stand trial after a personal intervention by the head of Germany’s federal police. He is also accused of raping an 11-year-old girl in a case that is ongoing.
The killing and Bashar’s arrest a year ago stoked up debate, tapped by the far-right Alternative für Deutschland (AfD), that German authorities have lost control of public order. Debate was particularly heated when it emerged Bashar had been allowed remain in Germany after his asylum application had been rejected.
Some AfD politicians have accused German investigators of deliberately playing down or finessing crime figures with foreign national, refugee or asylum seeker suspects or perpetrators – a claim authorities deny.
In Freiburg, three hours south of Wiesbaden, 11 men – one a German citizen – are on trial accused of raping an 18-year-old woman in bushes near a local disco last October. Eight of the defendants are from Syria.
And last Friday evening in the western city of Mülheim, police were called to investigate a suspected mass rape of an 18-year-old woman by five alleged Bulgarian attackers, all reportedly aged between 11 and 14.
The recent series of attacks have revived memories of new year’s eve 2015-2016 in Cologne, when scores of women were assaulted by groups of men, including foreign nationals and some asylum seekers.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.