News Ticker >
[ February 19, 2020 ]

Democrat-Backed ‘New Way Forward’ Bill Would ‘Gut the Rule of Law’, It’s Insanity

[ February 19, 2020 ]

France Sees Average of 120 Knife Attacks Per Day

[ February 18, 2020 ]

It’s Over: Michael Bloomberg Told New Mom To Find ‘Some Black’ For A Nanny

[ February 18, 2020 ]

Brutal Stabbing at Jewish Library in Spring Valley, NY

[ February 18, 2020 ]

BAM! WATCH: Pompeo Bluntly Tells Europe: ‘Name Me A Moment In History When The Weak...

[ February 18, 2020 ]

Dutch Museum Debates Censoring Degas Work to Avoid Offending Muslims

[ February 18, 2020 ]

How the ‘Interpreter’ Scam Brought 75,000 Iraqis and Afghans Refugees to America

[ February 18, 2020 ]

Bahrain sentences citizen to 3 years in prison for burning Israeli flag

[ February 18, 2020 ]

“F*CK COPS”: NYU ‘Professor’ Amin Husain founded terror group that attacked subways last month

[ February 18, 2020 ]

Bernie Sanders Surrogate Linda Sarsour Uses Nazi Tactic to Dehumanize Jews

WATCH: President Trump Confirms Decision To Cancel Retaliatory Military Strikes on Iran at Last Minute

78

For a reason the mullahs will never understand…… “casualties could be up to 150 people.” Planes were scrambled and ships moved into position for an attack early Friday morning, but they ultimately got the order to stand down.

The United States was preparing on Thursday night to launch multiple retaliatory strikes against Iran for shooting down an American spy drone near the Strait of Hormuz, but abruptly stood down, according to anonymous senior administration officials.An operation to attack a list of Iranian targets, including radar and missile batteries, was in its early stages as late as 7 p.m. amid intense debate and strategizing at the White House, the officials said.

Planes were scrambled and ships moved into position for an attack early Friday morning, but were ultimately told to cancel what would have been U.S. President Donald Trump’s third military action in the Middle East. The Trump administration struck targets in Syria in 2017 and 2018. According to The New York Times, which cited anonymous senior administration officials, Trump called off the strikes.

On Thursday morning, an Iranian surface-to-air missile shot down a $130 million U.S. surveillance drone. Iran claimed that the aircraft was in Iranian airspace at the time, but U.S. officials said it was above the Strait of Hormuz in international airspace when it was attacked.

(JNS)

President Donald Trump confirmed Friday he pulled back a military strike on Iran after he learned the number of possible casualties.

“We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on three different sights (sic),” Trump revealed on Twitter. The attack was planned in retaliation for Iran shooting down a U.S. surveillance drone on Thursday in international waters.

By Charles Spiering, Breitbart, June 20, 2019;

Trump said prior to the strikes he was told by a general the casualties could be up to 150 people.

“Ten minutes before the strike I stopped it, not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone,” he wrote.

Trump added that he was in “no hurry” for additional military conflicts with Iran but warned them against obtaining a nuclear weapon.

The president recalled the recent history of the United States relationship with Iran noting that former President Barack Obama “made a desperate and terrible deal” that included over a billion in cash.

“Iran was in big trouble and he bailed them out,” Trump said. “Gave them a free path to Nuclear Weapons, and SOON.”

The president added that Iran continued to shout “Death to America” despite the deal, which he terminated as president.

“They are a much weakened nation today than at the beginning of my Presidency, when they were causing major problems throughout the Middle East,” Trump said. “Now they are Bust!”

The president also discussed his decision on Friday afternoon in an interview with NBC’s Meet the Press.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1142055392488374272

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest