News Ticker >
[ September 19, 2019 ]

DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz Reveals He Referred James Comey For Criminal Prosecution

[ September 19, 2019 ]

Iran: Attack on Saudi oil facilities was ‘a warning’

[ September 19, 2019 ]

It’s Bibi or elections again

[ September 19, 2019 ]

“Palestinian” Poll: 61 Percent Applaud the Murder of Jewish Teen

[ September 19, 2019 ]

Justin Trudeau Shown THREE SEPARATE TIMES in BLACKFACE Makeup

[ September 19, 2019 ]

Swastika Found on Tufts Jewish Student’s Door

[ September 19, 2019 ]

Women’s March Dumps CAIR Terror Spox Zahra Billoo

[ September 19, 2019 ]

Iran imprisons bookshop owner for selling Bible as crackdown on Christianity continues

[ September 18, 2019 ]

Trenton councilwoman Robin Vaughn claims antisemitic slur ‘is a verb,’ demands leak investigation

[ September 18, 2019 ]

American Airlines Muslim Mechanic Who Sabotaged Miami Plane Had ISIS Videos on Phone, Ties to...

Iran attempted to shoot down US drone over tanker attack site in Gulf of Oman

8

These chickens are playing chicken …. with Trump.

Iran attempted to shoot down US drone over tanker attack site in Gulf of Oman

By Elizabeth Mclaughlin, ABC News, June 15, 2019:

Iran attempted to shoot down a U.S. drone that was surveilling the attack on one of two tankers hit in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday morning, U.S. Central Command said. The attempt missed the MQ-9 Reaper by “approximately one kilometer.”

Add Iran as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Iran news, video, and analysis from ABC News.

The Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous along with another tanker, the Front Altair, were damaged by mines that the U.S. said Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) had placed on the ship’s hulls.

“According to our assessment, a modified Iranian SA-7 surface-to-air missile attempted to shoot down a U.S. MQ-9, at 6:45 a.m. local time, June 13, over the Gulf of Oman, to disrupt surveillance of the IRGC attack on the M/T Kokuka Courageous,” CENTCOM spokesperson Lt. Col. Earl Brown said in a statement to ABC News on Saturday.

CENTCOM said that, prior to the attempt by Iran to shoot down the MQ-9, the drone had observed the Front Altair on fire.

“The SA-7 was ineffective and its closest point of approach to the MQ-9 was approximately one kilometer,” Brown said. “Subsequent analysis indicates that this was a likely attempt to shoot down or otherwise disrupt the MQ-9 surveillance of the IRGC attack on the M/T Kokuka Courageous.”

In the day following the attacks, Iranian small boats prevented salvage tugs from towing the Front Altair, as they had been contracted to do, a U.S. official told ABC News.

The 23 mariners on board the Front Altair were rescued shortly after Thursday’s attack by the Hyundai Dubai, but Iranians aboard small boats quickly demanded the crew be turned over to their custody, a U.S. official said. The master of the Hyundai Dubai contacted the headquarters of his shipping company in Seoul and was instructed not to turn the crew over to the Iranians. However, the ship’s master felt he had no choice but to comply with the Iranian demands.

After being held in Iran for two days, the crew of the Front Altair was flown to Dubai where they will continue on to their home countries, according to the Associated Press.

The Kokuka Courageous is now in territorial waters of the United Arab Emirates, a second official said.

CENTCOM also confirmed on Saturday that another U.S. MQ-9 was shot down by a Houthi SA-6 surface to air missile over Yemen on June 6.

“The altitude of the engagement indicated an improvement over previous Houthi capability, which we asses was enabled by Iranian assistance,” Brown said.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest