A High Court judges ruled today that Tommy Robinson will face retrial. Tommy Robinson’s crime? Reporting on a Muslim child rape/trafficking gang trial. Thousands of supporters booed and chanted “shame on you” after the decision High Court ruling was announced. The UK clownocracy is making a free speech martyr out of Robinson. Just this week, the UK courts released with no jail time a violent Muslim who terrorized the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, threatened to shoot and stab ‘English Pigs’ and attacked police, branding the officer who arrested him a ‘racist white c***’.” And jihad inciter Anjem Choudury is out and about exhorting to infidel murder. But Robinson is the problem.
I am banned from the UK for my pro-Israel work and my opposition to jihad. Yes, I am the problem.
Tommy Robinson WILL face retrial over contempt of court, High Court judges rule
The EDL founder, 36, could be sent back to jail if he is again found in contempt, which carries a maximum sentence of two years
By Phoebe Cooke, The Sun, 14th May 2019:
TOMMY Robinson WILL face retrial over a contempt of court charge, High Court judges ruled today.
Crowds of supporters booed and chanted “shame on you” after the decision was announced at the Old Bailey – one that could put the EDL founder back behind bars.
Tommy Robinson successfully appealed against a 13 month jail sentence for contempt of court – but now faces a retrial over the same charge
Tommy, 36, was surrounded by hundreds of fans as he appeared at the Old Bailey today
Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was jailed for 13 months last May after filming people in a criminal trial and broadcasting footage on social media.
The footage, lasting around an hour and a half, was watched 250,000 times within hours of being posted on Facebook.
But a contempt finding made against Robinson was quashed by the Court of Appeal in August and he was freed from prison after serving two months of his sentence.
Today two judges gave permission for a new case to be brought against him, following an application by the Attorney General Geoffrey Cox QC.
The 36-year-old, from Luton, could be sent back to jail if he is again found in contempt, which carries a maximum sentence of two years.
Andrew Caldecott QC said the court should give “due weight” to Cox’s assessment that fresh proceedings are “in the wider public interest”, but that it is “not conclusive”.
The case against Robinson is being pursued on the basis he allegedly committed contempt by breaching a reporting restriction, breaching the rules covering court reporting and common law contempt.
Mr Caldecott said that in correspondence, Robinson’s solicitors had submitted several written applications for why the contempt of court shouldn’t be pursued.
These include the “exceptionally arduous” conditions of imprisonment he has already endured, a “medical matter”, delay, and “cost to the public purse”.
The reasons made for the ruling will be revealed at a full hearing on July 4 and 5, the court heard.
Mr Caldecott said the Attorney General considered Robinson’s conduct during the Leeds Crown Court trial to be of “great concern”.
He told the court that in one part of the broadcast, Robinson said of a defendant: “Harass him, find him, go knock on his door, follow him, see where he works, see what he’s doing.”
In another passage, Mr Caldecott said Robinson discussed how his video would be shared and “hopefully millions” of people would see it.
The barrister said: “The Attorney General is extremely concerned that conduct of the kind, particularly in those two passages seen in the context of the wider video, should in any way be considered as acceptable.”
Attorney General Geoffrey Cox QC announced earlier this month that it was in the public interest to bring fresh proceedings against the former English Defence League (EDL) leader, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.
It was due to take place in March but was postponed following a request by Robinson’s lawyers.
Robinson’s footage was filmed during one of a series of trials of a Huddersfield grooming gang, which was covered by strict reporting restrictions banning publication of any details until the end of the final one in September last year.
His appearance today comes after the North West MEP candidate was left drenched by milkshakes on two consecutive occasions while campaigning for the European elections.
Pro-Robinson supporters were heard booing as judges ruled in favour of a contempt of court re-trial
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.