Muslim terror groups such as the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) and the Taliban made their annual call to arms as Ramadan approached, claiming Allah exceptionally rewards martyrdom during the holy month. In ISIS’s latest video, the ISIS chief alluded to pledges of allegiance from Islamic terrorists in Mali and Burkina Faso, which just experienced its first deadly jihadi attack on a Christian church.
This is the second Muslim terrorist attack in as many weeks. Today a Catholic priest and five others died. Last month, an Assemblies of God pastor and five others died.
Burkina Faso church attack: Gunmen open fire at mass service – priest among six dead
AT LEAST six people were killed after gunmen opened fire inside a church in Burkina Faso.
By Latiya Yedroudj, The Express, May 12, 2019 |
A group of gunmen broke into a Catholic church in Burkina Faso on Sunday morning during Mass and began shooting at the congregation, Radio France Internationale (RFI) reported. At least six people were killed, and a priest was among those who died. The church is located in the village of Dablo, located 90km from Kaya. The mayor of Dablo, Ousmane Zongo, told AFP: “Towards 9:00am, during mass, armed individuals burst into the Catholic Church.
“They started firing as the congregation tried to flee.”
Mr Zongo added: “They burned down the church, then shops and a small restaurant before going to the health centre where they searched the premises and set fire to the head nurse’s vehicle.”
“The city is filled with panic. People are holed up at home. Shops and stores are closed. It’s practically a ghost town.”
This is the first reported attack on a Catholic church, which comes just a week after gunmen killed five people at Protestant church in the northern town of Silgadji.
The attack comes two days after four hostages were released in northern Burkina Faso.
Two French special forces lost their lives in the raid, killing four kidnappers and rescuing all four hostages.
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.