The scale and the magnitude of these islamic attacks is monstorus. A total of nine bombings on Sunday killed at least 290 people, including at least 27 foreigners including Americans, Brits, Dutch et al. About 500 others were wounded in the blasts.
More than 87 bomb detonators found at main Sri Lanka bus station
Sri Lankan police have found 87 bomb detonators at the main bus station in Sri Lanka.
The Metro, April 22, 2019:
Officers made the discovery in the capital, Colombo, on Monday, a spokesman said, a day after suicide bombers attacked churches and hotels killing 290 people and wounding about 500.
Security forces are carrying out searches across the island to find those behind the bombs.
No group has claimed responsibility, however a Sri Lankan government official has said a local militant group named National Thowfeek Jamaath is responsible.
Health Minister Rajitha Senaratne told a news conference on Monday that all seven bombers linked to the near-simultaneous attacks on three churches and three luxury hotels in and around Colombo were Sri Lankan citizens.
Officials said the causes of three later bombings on Sunday are still being investigated.
Mr Semaratme said that while the group is domestic, foreign links are suspected.
A total of nine bombings on Sunday killed at least 290 people including at least 27 foreigners. About 500 others were wounded in the blasts. Eight Britons are believed to be among the dead.
Officials said 24 suspects are in custody for questioning.
Two government ministers have alluded to intelligence failures.
Telecommunications Minister Harin Fernando tweeted: ‘Some intelligence officers were aware of this incidence. Therefore there was a delay in action. Serious action needs to be taken as to why this warning was ignored.’
Mano Ganeshan, the minister for national integration, said the security officers within his ministry had been warned by their division about the possibility two suicide bombers would target politicians.
Police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekara said the Criminal Investigation Department probing the blasts will look into the reports. Defence Minister Ruwan Wijewardena previously described the blasts as a terrorist attack by religious extremists
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.