Ciara O’Rourke, from Politifact, made a fool of herself when she said a picture of Notre Dame shot by Sputniknews.com and used in a Pamela Geller’s article is a fake.
The picture is offending: it shows two Muslims laughing while Notre Dame is burning in the street right behind them.
Facebook, who is partnering with Politifact to flag false news and misinformation, took the story and the picture down.
Truth is, Facebook and Politifact are using the “false news” argument as a pretext to silence any opinion they don’t like. And they surely don’t like people to learn than French Muslims were laughing when the cathedral was burning.
we don’t know anything about the men in the photo—what they’re doing and if they are Muslim, notably. But what’s more, a media forensics expert told PolitiFact the photo was doctored.
Let’s fact-check the lazy fact-checker:
- If you cannot see a difference between, say a native Indian, and a red hair Jewish Ashkenaze, or between a native French and a migrant, how can you engage in identity politics and protect minorities! You don’t need to ask anyone the origin of the two men laughing to make sure they are Arabs: 100% of the people would confirm. Dark skin, Semite facial … and next to 100% of the Arabs in France are Muslims. It is really as ridiculous to second-guess that they are Muslims as to look at me and second-guess I am Ashkenaze!
- What are they doing? The police is evacuating the block for obvious security reasons. One can see the red and white tapes around the Cafe with the green store front: one in the background right across Notre Dame, and one in the forefront marking an area people—including the two laughing Muslims— are being asked to evacuate.
- A “forensic expert” told PolitiFact the photo was doctored”.
This is the killing argument, right? A fake picture. A fabricated picture.
First, ask yourself this question: why would Sputniknews create a fake picture with two people if they don’t look Muslims? There is an inherent contradiction here.
A fake picture?
But there is more. I said PolitiFact people are lazy. All they want is to push a politically correct narrative. They believe they are THE authority, because they self proclaim as such. They want you to believe that they are impartial judges. They are not.
Who is their “media foreseeing expert” who found the picture is fake? Catalin Grigoras, the director of the National Center for Media Forensics at University Colorado Denver. He should be ashamed of himself. Either he lies, or he is totally incompetent.
- The men were inconsistent with the rest of the photograph.
- “The two front persons are inserted,”
- zooming in on the right cheek of the man standing on the right reveals obvious editing.
I said PolitiFact people are lazy. All it takes, and that what people who pretend to be reporters should do, is to go to the source and ask questions. This is exactly what I did.
I asked SputnikNews for a proof their image is real. They quickly sent me a link with a video taken a few seconds after the image was shot where you see one of two men crossing under the red and white tape: the picture is real.
They also sent me a 2.2 MB, 4032 by 3024 version of the picture, where every detail is more visible: the picture is real. No insertion.
Pamela Geller was right. PolitiFact, Ciara O’Rourke, Catalin Grigoras, Janne Ahlberg are the villains. They lied pretending the picture is a fake. They produce Fake news to denounce real news. And it’s about time to show who they really are: totalitarians in disguise who will use any trick to censor any opinion they don’t want in the public sphere. Bad people. Evil methods.
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.