One crackpot eco-fascist shoots up a mosque, and everyone on the right is guilty. But daily jihad attacks in the cause of Islam have nothing to do with Islam. Got that? Here’s the Muslim take on the Netherlands terror attack:
Many UK MSM journalists won't know – since Geert Wilders spread Islamophobia across the Netherlands like a wildfire, Utrecht has been the centre of a number of PEGIDA riots and demonstrations against mosques and Muslim migration. #MuslimLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/HvYL8FDyd8
— Mo Ansar (@MoAnsar) March 18, 2019
Netherlands tram shooting suspect captured, police say
FOX News, March 18, 2019:
A Turkish man was captured Monday, hours after he was identified as the suspect who allegedly gunned down three people and wounded several others on a Netherlands tram in an apparent terror attack, Dutch police said.
Gökmen Tanis, from Turkey, was accused of opening fire about 10:45 a.m. local time near 24 Oktoberplein junction in the Dutch city of Utrecht, located about 22 miles southeast of Amsterdam. The 37-year-old suspect was taken into custody during a raid, police in Utrecht said. Heavily armed anti-terror officers were captured on video earlier gathering in front of an apartment block close to the scene of the initial attack of the tram.
Utrecht Mayor Jan van Zanen, who initially said nine people were wounded, said three of those injured remain in critical condition on Monday.
“We cannot exclude, even stronger, we assume a terror motive,” van Zanen previously said.
Netherlands Counter-Terrorism Agency head Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg said in a Monday afternoon news conference that the gunman opened fire in several locations.
“In Utrecht, there was a shooting at several locations,” Aalbersberg told reporters. “A lot is still unclear at this point and local authorities are working hard to establish all the facts.”
Few details have been released about Tanis since police identified him as a suspect in the deadly shooting. Dutch prosecutor Rutger Jeuken said in a news conference Tanis had been previously arrested but did not provide further details.
The suspect’s father, Mehmet Tanis, who lives in Turkey’s central Kayseri province, told the private Demiroren news agency that he hadn’t spoken to his son in 11 years. He said, “if he [his son] did it, he should pay the penalty.”
The attack prompted a citywide lockdown while the country’s counter-terror office raised the threat level to maximum. Van Zanen earlier called the shooting a “horrible and radical incident” and said his “thoughts are with” the victims and their loved ones.
“The most important thing at the moment is taking care of the wounded and investigating the circumstances of the incident. We do not exclude anything, not even a terrorist attack,” he said in a statement.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.