According to WSB-TV, court documents show the suspects sought to target Grady Memorial Hospital in downtown Atlanta, in addition to law enforcement and “specific targets such as teachers, schools, banks” and other American institutions. Additionally, the documents reveal that the “extremist Muslims” at the compound talked “about dying in Jihad,” while children admitted to receiving “advanced” firearms training and instructions to target law enforcement personnel “when the time came.”
Horrific, made even worse by law enforcement who rushed to destroy the Islamic compound just days after the kidnapping and murder made national news. They destroyed evidence, despise the fact that the the investigation was new and ongoing. New charges were filed against the devout (“extremist”) Muslims. For years, the FBI and local law enforcement did nothing about this jihad compound, despite tips and numerous calls from concerned citizens. It took the murder of a child to get them to pay attention. What is the first thing they do after it is discovered a child was murdered on the compound and several starved to almost certain death? They destroy the compound to cover up both their negligence and what happened there.
News of what happened there was embarrassing to the Muslim community in the U.S., and making Islam look good seems to be the top priority of law enforcement officials. It’s sharia compliance in New Mexico.
“New Mexico compound suspects face new terror-linked charges,” by Mary Hudetz, Associated Press, March 14, 2019:
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Five extended family members who had been living on a remote New Mexico compound where authorities say a 3-year-old boy died before it was raided last year have been indicted on terrorism-related charges that accuse them of conspiring to attack U.S. law enforcement officers, military members, and government employees, authorities said Thursday.
The superseding indictment against the suspects, who have been in federal custody since August on firearms charges, came six months after authorities first descended on their squalid compound near Amalia, just south of the Colorado state line. A search for a missing Georgia boy — the son of suspect Siraj Ibn Wahhaj — had led law enforcement to the site on the high desert where they found the child’s remains as well as 11 hungry children living in filth.
Authorities also have accused Wahhaj and others of transporting weapons across state lines to New Mexico, and training children at a firing range on the property to carry out school shootings and other attacks that never occurred. The suspects’ attorneys have disputed the allegations, saying they are based on the uncorroborated statements of children.
“The defendants in this case allegedly were preparing for deadly attacks and their targets included law enforcement and military personnel, the very people who are committed to protecting all of us,” said Michael McGarrity, the director of the FBI’s Counterterrorism Division, in a statement Thursday. “We will continue to work with our law enforcement partners to uncover and put a stop to acts of terrorism.”
All of the suspects, except Wahhaj, also have been charged with participating in the kidnapping of Abdul-ghani Wahhaj, the boy who died after prosecutors say he had been denied medication for seizures. Jany Leveille, a leader of the group, believed medication suppressed Muslim beliefs, authorities said.
Because authorities say the 2017 abduction ultimately resulted in the boy’s death, the kidnapping count against Leveille, Hujrah Wahhaj, Subhana Wahhaj, and Lucas Morton carries a potential sentence of life in prison or the death penalty should prosecutors win a conviction against them and decide to pursue the maximum punishment in the case.
The father has not been charged with kidnapping because of federal statutes that generally only allow for charging parents with abducting their own children in international cases.
Attorneys for the five suspects who were reached for comment on Thursday said they were still reviewing the indictment and had not yet received additional documents from federal prosecutors outlining evidence supporting the new charges.
“We don’t have all the documents that support these allegations and so we’re still waiting on that,” said Amy Sirignano, who represents Morton.
The results of an autopsy for the boy whose remains were found at the compound property are still pending.
An arraignment for the five suspects on the new charges is scheduled for next Thursday.
All remain jailed after a federal judge ruled in September that they could not be freed on bail as they await trial.
Federal authorities said Siraj Ibn Wahhaj and Leveille, who lived as a couple at the compound, had performed daily, hours-long prayer rituals over Wahhaj’s young son in the days leading to his death — even as he cried and foamed at the mouth….
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.