News Ticker >
[ October 17, 2019 ]

SHOCKER: Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg Makes The Case For Free Speech in WSJ OpEd While Censoring...

[ October 17, 2019 ]

Islamic Terror Plot to BOMB St. Paul’s Cathedral Foiled, Muslim Charged With Terrorism Offences

[ October 17, 2019 ]

Greece: Muslim Migrants Burn Down Second Camp After Violence Erupts

[ October 17, 2019 ]

FBI Employees Conducted 3.1 Million Questionable and Illegal Searches, Including Searches on US Citizens in...

[ October 17, 2019 ]

Netherlands: Muslim migrant stabs two tourists “to protect the Prophet Muhammad”

[ October 17, 2019 ]

Obama endorses Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for reelection

[ October 17, 2019 ]

Two Jewish Men Attacked Coming out of Sunny Isles, Florida Synagogue

[ October 16, 2019 ]

WATCH Pamela Geller, Eagle Council: “The Most Important Civil Liberty of All Is The Right...

[ October 16, 2019 ]

Supreme Court refuses to hear case of Christian student forced to recite the Islamic prayer...

[ October 16, 2019 ]

British teacher told 10 year-old Jewish students they’d be sent to ‘GAS CHAMBERS’ if they...

Khan’s London: No Prison for Teenager Who Left Former U.S. Ambassador with ‘Horrific Injuries’

125

Bloody UK is doomed. The idea that the excuse of “a momentary lapse of judgment” can be used for anything, for murder even.

Khan’s London: No Prison for Teenager Who Left Former U.S. Ambassador with ‘Horrific Injuries’

By Breitbart, February 1, 2019:

London
Dan Kitwood/Getty Images

A teenager who knocked a 74-year-old former British ambassador to the United States unconscious on the London Underground and left him with “horrific injuries” has been let off with a 12-month referral order and a £500 compensation charge.

Uxbridge Youth Court heard that the 17-year-old, whose identity has been protected, ran up behind Sir Christopher Meyer and shoved him in the back on the Victoria station platform in London, knocking him unconscious and causing his glasses to break and inflict facial injuries when he hit the ground.

Witnesses say the attack was launched after the pensioner “nudged past” the teenager at the train doors following a verbal altercation.

“The assault has had a profound impact upon [Sir Christopher] both physically and emotionally.

“The victim has injuries which have left him with scarring. He does not know whether or not he will suffer permanent disfigurement.”

Wright acknowledged that the crime clearly passed the threshold for a custodial term, but that the attacker’s supposed good character and remorse allowed her to issue an alternative sentence.

“You have been very fortunate today,” she told him as she handed down the referral order.

“This was a momentary lapse of judgment by the defendant, clearly a loss of temper,” defence lawyer Brad Lawlor had claimed.

“He has shown himself to be an educated, driven young man keen to rehabilitate himself and make right his actions.”

In a victim impact statement, Sir Christopher said the attack had been “deeply distressing” and required him to cancel a number of engagements and business meetings, including a BBC interview.

“The injuries I suffered may well leave permanent disfigurement. There is also a lasting emotional impact,” he added.

British Transport Police statistics recently revealed that violent crime on the London Underground has risen by at least 43 percent over the last three years, with weapons offences up by an even more remarkable 125 percent.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest