I was telling my French readers about AOC’s crazy Green New Deal on a French-speaking political media.
Even in Socialist France, where people suffer daily from “social justice”; where the government confiscates every month 50% of their pay check; where they pay 18% VAT and their tax return with what they have left; where 10% of the people, 25% of the youth is unemployed – and when they are lucky to find a job, it’s never in the field they studied for; where health care costs three times more than in the US – but they emphasize that it’s free because it’s painlessly taken out of their paycheck – and refund only 70% of the cost, with poor service and cases where costly treatments are refused; even there, they consider AOC as a total lunatic, and a useful idiot to make believe that Socialism is eccentric when it actually is lethal.
I was telling the French about Alexandria’s plan. We call this kind of environmentalist “watermelon,” because they are green outside, but red inside. They had a good laugh about her, until they read about the new French government plan to reduce temperature by 2.7° (Fahrenheit).
The plan is laid out on the government bank Caisse des Depots et Consignations website for the State-owned NGO Novethic.
What it says will make you shiver. This is the next step for America if one day the barrier between cultural Marxism and political Marxism is broken.
- Ban on the sale of new combustion engines car from 2022 onwards
- Limit the number of new vehicles sold to approximately 440,000 per year
- Ban on the sale of new Commercial Vans and large size SUV for private use as of now
- 2% per year reduction in the number of miles traveled by Commercial Vans.
- 5% reduction in the number of miles driven by personal-use Commercial Vans per year
- Ban on personal-use Commercial Vans in urban areas
- From 2023, all new buses put into service will be bio-gas or electric
- 50% more trains to be put into service by 2030
- From 2022, all local airlines where the alternative is less than 4 hours by road or rail will be closed
- Ban on the introduction of new aircraft from 2020
- Ban on trucks in urban areas from 2022
- Ban on truck transit in France (e.g., from Spain to Belgium)
- Implementation of a “pollution tax” from 2020 (in addition to the current “eco-tax”)
- Creation of a national eco-driving permit in 2019
- Ban on combustion engines vehicles in urban centers from 2024
- By 2024, all urban roads must be bicycle-friendly
- Vehicles built before 2018 will no longer be permitted on the road in 2030
- Mandatory occupancy rate from 1.6 to 2.5 people per vehicle by 2028
- Mandatory fixed working hours in order to simplify the implementation of public transport and carpooling
- Anyone with a job that can be done from home who lives more than 7 miles away from their workplace must work from home 2 days a week from 2025
- For short trips less than 3 miles, the standard should be “soft transport” (bicycle)
- Every garden must be converted to produce food
- Every building permit must include vegetable garden rather than parking spaces
- Meat consumption to decrease by 10% per year from 2020 to 55 pounds per person per year in 2030 compared to about 200 pounds today. The consumption of dairy products will follow the same trend
- Progressive ban on substitutable processed food (sodas, all junk food, hamburgers, pizzas, pasta, chicken nuggets…)
- Quotas to limit the consumption of imported products. Especially coffee, chocolate, exotic fruits
- Ban on all flights outside Europe from 2020 onwards unless duly justified
- Two round trips long distance flights allowance limit per young person aged 18 to 30
- Creation of a national lottery distributing 500,000 air flight tickets per year
- Obligation to justify the purpose of a business trip
- Limitation of the amount of equipment in service at any given time in the house
- Standardization of rental rather than the sale of mobile and computers
- Increasing the minimum life to 4 years for a smartphone, 8 years for a laptop and 12 years for a monitor
- Ban on the sale of televisions over 40 inches
- Creation of a single 5G network
- Prohibition of online advertising on websites
- Video stream must be reduced by a factor of 3 by 2030
- Limit to 2 pounds of new clothing on the market per year and per person from 2022
- In 2026 oil heating devices will be illegal in houses. Natural gas, electric convector-type and electric heaters will be gradually replaced.
- New single-family-home construction, except trailers, prohibited. New buildings must be exclusively condos with a maximum per capita living area of 320 square feet
- Immediate implementation of a 4° reduction in the average home temperature
- In 2025, a thermal curfew will be created, carbon heating systems will be switched off between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. to reach 62 degrees average in the homes
- The space used per person must be reduced by 20% by 2030, from the current 430 square feet per person to 344 square feet per person
- Specific uses of electricity: sobriety in consumption, gradually decreases from 4 to 2 kWh use of electricity per day and per person. Creation of a tax to ensure that everyone has access to the 1st kWh, and to discourage the use of more than 3/4 kWh of electricity per day
The similarities between the Green News Deal and this French Red New Deal is no coincidence. They show that not only the climate change nuts communicate and share globally their future plans, but facing a general backlash from a public that is more and more doubtful (Right now, people in the Midwest are dreaming of global warming), they will push toward a more and more coercive and totalitarian world.
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.