Jihad is independent of borders, nationality, color, gender, etc. Muslims waging holy war do it in the cause of Islam, not country, which is why these slaughterers hail from every corner of the globe.
This week, 14 people were killed in an Islamic attack on a hotel complex in the Kenyan capital Nairobi, an American citizen were among the dead.
We are constantly admonished that jihad terror activity is the result of poverty and alienation, as well as a lack of education. Poor Muslims without any opportunities in this world, harassed and discriminated against by the kuffar, and lacking knowledge of the true Religion of Peace, turn to terror out of desperation and as a means to give themselves some occupation and meaning in life. Reality, however, is quite different.
It’s the same pattern over and over again. A successful “respected British businessman“, US Muslim doctors in Michigan, US naval officers, popular happy Muslim teens in Mississippi, dental students in the UK, Muslim rappers in Germany, Muslim doctors in Glasgow and Australia, Muslim chemical engineering students in Canada, the UK’s top students at their most elite schools, Muslim herdsmen in Nigeria, Muslim British surgeons, Muslim heart surgeons in Saudi Arabia, university students in Britain, imams in America, Muslim doctors in Australia, Canadian Idol contestants, and so forth – what brings these wildly different people together? Jihad. From the Sahara to the Kalahari, London to Lisbon, Manhattan to Madrid, Bali to Boston, Tiananmen Square to Thailand, Myanmar to Malaysia, Nairobi to Nigeria ….. no matter what the background, upbringing, schooling, wealth or poverty, color, what have you, it doesn’t matter. The understanding of Islam and jihad is the same, and it is the motive, the incitement to this monstrous war on the West and and the East and all points in between.
This is not rocket science. This is reality.
Kenya: Canadian national among 6 ordered held as suspects in Nairobi hotel attack
Guleid Abdihakim among suspects in assault on compound in Kenyan capital earlier this weekThe Associated Press, January 18, 2019 :
Canadian national Guleid Abdihakim and five other people suspected of helping extremist gunmen stage a deadly attack in the Kenyan capital this week appeared in court on Friday as prosecutors investigated them for suspected terror offences.
A judge ordered the suspects held for 30 days while authorities look into the assault on the dusitD2 hotel complex that was carried out by al-Shabaab, a group linked to al-Qaeda and based in neighbouring Somalia.
Prosecutors suspect the alleged accomplices, including two taxi drivers and an agent for a mobile phone-based money service, of “aiding and abetting” the attackers, who stormed the Nairobi complex on Tuesday afternoon and were killed by Wednesday morning, according to a court document.
Prosecutors said they were pursuing more suspects in and outside Kenya.
Deadly Kenya attack was retaliation for Trump’s Jerusalem policy, extremists say
Abdihakim, described by prosecutors as a Canadian national, appeared in court with four other suspects identified as:
Joel Nganga Wainaina.
Oliver Kanyango Muthee.
Gladys Kaari Justus.
Hussein Mohammed, another suspect who was arrested in Mandera County along the border with Somalia, was brought to court separately, prosecutors said.
“The investigations into this matter are complex and transnational, and would therefore require sufficient time and resources to uncover the entire criminal syndicate,” said Noordin Haji, director of public prosecutions. He said he has appointed a team of prosecutors to help ensure the investigations are “meticulous and fast-tracked.”
Police earlier identified a Kenyan military officer as the father of Ali Salim Gichunge, a suspect in the assault. The officer’s son and Violet Kemunto Omwoyo were named as attackers in court documents.
“The attackers were in constant communications with several phone numbers which are located in Somalia,” prosecutors said.
Gichunge’s father, who is not believed to have been involved in the attack, was summoned for questioning about when he last saw his son and other details, a senior police official said. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.
The official said a total of 11 people were detained as part of the investigation.
The attack was denounced on Friday in Eastleigh, a Nairobi neighbourhood that is home to many ethnic Somalis and has been targeted in massive police operations against suspected extremist cells. Shop owners temporarily closed businesses to protest extremism, and crowds gathered.
Al-Shabaab also carried out the 2013 attack at Nairobi’s nearby Westgate Mall that killed 67 people, and an assault on Kenya’s Garissa University in 2015 that claimed 147 lives, mostly students. While U.S. airstrikes and a multinational African Union force in Somalia have reduced the Islamic extremists’ ability to operate, al-Shabaab is still capable of carrying out spectacular acts of violence in retaliation for the Kenyan military’s presence in Somalia.
The attackers who stormed the hotel complex opened fire and set off grenades, sending panicked people running for cover as security forces converged. Security camera footage released later showed a suicide bomber blowing himself up in a grassy area.
A hotel employee, seen in the footage walking past the bomber just before the explosion, described in an interview with Kenya’s K24 television how he heard the man talking on a mobile phone.
“Where are you guys?” the agitated bomber said at least a couple of times, according to Abdullahi Ogelo, the employee. Ogelo, who later concluded the bomber had been talking to his accomplices, said the man was also moving his hand over his chest.
Seconds later, the bomber detonated in a flash and billowing smoke.
In the television interview, Ogelo said God saved him and gave him a “second chance.”
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.