News Ticker >
[ February 17, 2019 ]

Australia: Saeed Noori, Flinders Street killer driver, says he “did it in the name of...

[ February 17, 2019 ]

Arizona: Knife-wielding Muslim who pledged allegiance to ISIS charges at cop, is shot

[ February 17, 2019 ]

Accused blasphemer Asia Bibi: Though she was acquitted, Pakistani authorities barring her from leaving

[ February 17, 2019 ]

ISIS bride from Canada: “Having slaves is part of Sharia. I believe in Sharia, wherever...

[ February 17, 2019 ]

UK: Jailed Al-Qaeda chief who ‘had links to 7/7 London bombers’ gets $1 MILLION in...

[ February 17, 2019 ]

Philippines: Muslims murder man because he was unable to recite Qur’an verses

[ February 17, 2019 ]

Texas: American teen, a convert to Islam uses social media to recruit for Pakistani jihad...

[ February 17, 2019 ]

Hugh Fitzgerald: An African Witness to “Compulsion In Religion”

[ February 17, 2019 ]

How Minneapolis’ Somali Muslim community became the jihad terrorist recruitment capital of the US

[ February 17, 2019 ]

Robert Spencer: Why Does Jew-Hating Muslim Doctor Lara Kollab Still Have A Medical License?

FBI announces $3 million reward for help finding Iranian jihadi who sourced IED parts from Minnesota

49

The enemy among us. President Trump’s national security ban addresses these kinds of threats.

The reward is part of the program offered by the U.S. State Department in concert with the FBI. Public service ad campaigns announcing the program were banned from Seattle transit systems because Muslims found them “disparaging and offensive to Muslims.”

We sued Seattle. We won.

FBI announces $3 million reward for help finding Iranian who sourced IED parts from Minnesota

Stripes, By Stephen Montemayor | Star Tribune | Published: November 23, 2018

MINNEAPOLIS (Tribune News Service) — Federal authorities are offering up to $3 million for help arresting an Iranian national who has been on the run for eight years since an indictment accused him of illegally procuring technology from Minnesota that was fashioned into roadside bombs used to target U.S. military personnel in Iraq.

The FBI in Minneapolis announced the reward, being offered by the U.S. State Department, on Tuesday. Agents have sought Hossein Ahmad Larijani, 55, since his 2010 indictment by a federal grand jury in Washington, D.C., on multiple charges related to the shipment of radio transceiver modules made in Minnesota. Larijani is believed to be living in Tehran, the FBI said this week.

According to charges, Larijani relied on companies in Singapore and Iran, and several co-conspirators, to illegally send about 6,000 of the Minnesota company’s devices to Iran.

Referred to only as Company A in court documents, the Minnesota firm thought it was sending the devices to Singapore to be used in a “local telecommunications project.” Instead, authorities said, the products were illegally transshipped to Iran and later used to make remote detonation systems for improvised explosive devices, or IEDs.

According to a 49-page indictment in the case, IEDs caused about 60 percent of all American combat deaths in Iraq between 2001 and 2007 and were the top threat to troops in Iraq. Between 2008 and 2009, U.S. and coalition armed forces retrieved numerous remote detonation systems in Iraq that had been assembled using the modules shipped from Minnesota.

The company’s modules had encryption capabilities and the ability to transmit data wirelessly from as far away as 40 miles, according to charges.

“In addition to commercial uses, these same modules have other lethal and destructive applications,” the indictment said.

Three other co-conspirators have since been arrested and extradited to the U.S., where they completed federal prison sentences and were deported back to Singapore. One other co-conspirator remains at large in Singapore, the FBI said.

The FBI this week described Larijani as an “international flight risk” and is asking anyone with information to call the bureau’s toll-free tip line at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest