Of the 20 largest California wildfires since 1932, the largest have occurred since 2000 – the catastrophic consequence of leftist environmental policies.
Last year, as California residents were burned out of their towns, homes, neighborhoods, schols, hospitals and businesses, Gov. Jerry Brown was jetting around the world spouting climate change propaganda, and calling the fires California’s “new normal.” Gov. Brown had many chances to sincerely and realistically address California’s increasing wildfires since his election in 2011, but instead chose to play politics, placing his new friends at the United Nations over the people of California.
Brown has his out – “climate change”, the biggest hoax ever. California voted for him.
From a long time GR reader who works in the field,
42 dead now, 200 missing. Friend related how a friend escaped in a car. As they were forging ahead he saw people in his rear view mirror in a traffic jam behind him get out of their cars to try to run for it, but instead they burst into flames. 117,000 acres and growing. The fire is moving into the higher elevations and the evergreen trees. It jumped the Oroville Reservoir.
1. Under Clinton, US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA), Forest Service rejected Russian offers to sell us their jet powered, 4 engined, “Monsoon” water bombers. Biggest in the world. They use them on forest fires. Can drop a mile long water wall. Fast, jet powered and quick turn-arounds on reloads and time to target. ,
Rejected due to concerns about too much water being dropped might cause erosion issues. Not invented here.
2. Under Clinton, US Dept. of Ag., Forest Service, banned the use of dozers larger than D-6s. Dozers go up to D-11 in size. The big ones are more than twice the size of the D-6s. Very wide blades.
Rejected due to concerns about erosion due to weight and track widths. Ruts. Can’t get between trees. However, they can flatten lots of trees, and are great on ridge top lines.
To save erosion and a few trees many more trees burned up, and then there is lots of erosion from the much wider burn area.
When I was a kid and into my 20’s there were saw mills in every Sierran town. There were clear cuts, selective cuts and logging roads everywhere but no massive fires. Today there are no saw mills at all.
3. Up by the Snow Mt. Wilderness Fire a buddy told me he has a friend with a ranch of 700 acres next to the Wilderness area. During the fire the dozers came to the ranch and cut a fire break along his property boundary. However, by law, they were not allowed to enter the Wilderness Area to cut fire breaks. So they watched 250,000 acres burn up. The fire totaled 400,000 acres, killed 44. No, you won’t find this in the media, I mean, propaganda organs. But true story. Hell, I could drive you up there and show it to you. No Lie GI.
Madness, madness, and pure unadulterated hatred of mankind.
When a human ignites on exiting a car, well, that’s what I call human warming. God has a wicked sense of humor.
Spoke to a friend yesterday. He was working on erosion control on the Redding Fire. He told me what they do will make little difference in erosion once the winter storms come pouring down. A lot of money, little good done. Good photo ops for the polis and bureaucrats.
- Nov. 13, 018—CA Gov. Jerry Brown Vetoed 2016 Wildfire Management Bill While CA Burned
- Aug. 12, 2018—California Wildfires Caused By Radical Environmentalists, Not Climate Change
- Aug. 6, 2018—California burns: The “new normal” thanks to Obama Era Environmental Regulations
- Aug. 9, 2018—CA Gov. Jerry Brown Vetoed Bipartisan Wildfire Management Bill in 2016
- July 9, 2018—Jerry Brown’s California: Socialist, Climate-Conscious Open Borders Utopia
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.