I am sure they are quite devout and respected. The family is already he was not a terrorist, but a mentally ill man “crying for help.” Watch this “cry for help”:
His brother was arrested in 2017 for attempting a terror attack in Federation Square on New Years Eve.
Quick note: Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. We will not waver. We will not tire. We will not falter, and we will not fail. Freedom will prevail.
Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.
Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.
Muslim terrorist trying to kill an Australian Police Officer a few minutes ago in Melbourne after blowing up his own car. pic.twitter.com/HMKN2vHuvc
— Imam of Peace (@Imamofpeace) November 9, 2018
Hassan Khalif Shire Ali fatally stabbed beloved restaurateur Sisto Malaspina, 74, and injured two others before he was shot dead by police in the centre of Melbourne’s CBD.
Posted: 10 Nov 2018
Image Source: Video capture
I am traveling [this is Arnold Roth] and am spending a few days in Melbourne, Australia.
Here’s a summary of the terrorist attack that turned the downtown area here into a murder scene during this past Friday afternoon’s peak hour.
- A man drove his utility vehicle – a Holden Rodeo – onto the sidewalk of the central business district’s Bourke Street, near the busy corner with Swanston Street where around 4:20 pm Friday it exploded in flames. It later emerged that he had loaded it up with gas cylinders. A large explosion was evidently his plan.
- A man, Hassan Khalif Shire Ali, aged about 30, exited the vehicle armed with a large knife. He attacked several pedestrians in an evidently random way, stabbing 74-year-old Sisto Malaspina. According to one Australian source, the man yelled “Allahu Akbar” during the attack “but [police] Commissioner Ashton said this had not been confirmed.”
- Malaspina is the well-known co-owner of Pellegrini’s Espresso Bar, a Melbourne icon.
- Two other men were next: Rodney Patterson, 58, suffered head injuries; a male security guard aged 24 is injured in the neck, evidently from being stabbed. Both of them are in stable condition as of Saturday night as we write this.
- Transit police arrived at the scene. The attacker punched one of them through the window of their vehicle.Many more police quickly arrived as the two transit police engaged with the attacker. The knifer then lunged at them with his weapon. A bystander tried to assist police by ramming a shopping trolley between them and the suspect.
- At about this point, a police officer fired at the attacker. He was hit in the chest and fell to the ground. He was rushed to hospital in critical condition and later died.
- In the words of The Age, a Melbourne daily, “Police have said it was a lone-person terror attack, and that the threat has been mitigated.”
- All streets in the vicinity remained closed to traffic and pedestrians until 8 on Saturday morning as police examined the attack scene.
- The knifer, a child migrant who arrived in Australia with his parents from Somalia and now dead, is widely described tonight as “known to counter terrorism agencies… andknown to have radical views…
- Australia’s national broadcaster, ABC, reported that “his family is well known and respected within the Somali community in Melbourne.”
- They attended the Virgin Mary Mosque in Hoppers Crossing, west of Melbourne.
- His wife, parents and siblings have been questioned by police in the past day and his home raided and combed for evidence.
- The Age again: “The police have been given the green light for the first time to use preventative detention, where they may detain terror suspects for four days without a court order.”Lots of questions to be answered here.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.