9/11 jihad mass murderer freed early, treated like a hero back home in Morocco


We are constantly admonished that the 9/11 jihadis and other jihad murderers are just a tiny minority of extremists who have nothing to do with Islam. But if that were true, why is Mounir el-Motassadeq being treated like a hero back in Morocco? Clearly, the majority of Muslims in that “moderate” country think that 9/11 was a great thing, a strike for Allah against the “Great Satan.” And why did Germany release him early? He was convicted of being an accessory to over 3,000 murders. If he had been a “right-wing extremist,” would he have been released early? They would have thrown away the key.

“9/11 terrorist back on the streets… and treated like a hero: Freed early from his cell, the twisted money man behind attack that killed 2,996 is mobbed by well-wishers back home in insult to those who died,” by Larisa Brown, Daily Mail, October 31, 2018:

One of only two men to be jailed over the 9/11 terror attacks is back in his home country as a free man – where he is being given a hero’s welcome.

The Daily Mail tracked down Mounir el-Motassadeq to a suburb of Marrakesh where he is now living in the family home with his wife and children.

In the first sighting of him since he was deported from Germany following his early release from prison, he was seen being greeted by well-wishers as he returned from prayers at his local mosque.

A friend of the family described scenes of jubilation on his return and said people were coming from all over Morocco to see him.

El-Motassadeq, 44, who was described in German courts as the ‘treasurer’ for the 9/11 hijackers, spent less than 15 years in prison for his part in the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon which killed 2,977 people in September 2001.

He was friends in Germany with Mohamed Atta, who crashed a plane into the North Tower and was one of the ringleaders of the Hamburg Al Qaeda cell who planned the atrocity.

The only other man convicted over 9/11, Zacarias Moussaoui, is serving six life sentences in a maximum security prison in the US after admitting to being part of the plot.

El-Motassadeq grinned and said he was too busy to speak as he shook hands with old friends in the street outside his home, a three-storey semi-detached house which belonged to his deceased father Ibrahim.

Wearing a bright blue polo shirt and dark trousers, he was seen holding hands with an old friend in a djellaba robe on the way back from the mosque.

The pair discussed prayers as they laughed together on the dimly-lit street lined with orange trees in the middle-class Dawdiyat neighbourhood.

El-Motassadeq was later seen wearing glasses and a red top, getting into a BMW with his bearded brother, who was wearing a black robe and carrying a walking stick, and two other men.

A couple of hours later he returned carrying a bottle of water and his mobile phone, and headed straight back into the house.

There was no obvious surveillance at the property, although police sources said he would be watched.

His sister, who lives in the same house, said ‘hamdullah’ – Arabic for ‘praise be to God’ – when asked by the Mail if she was happy about his release.

Neighbours said they were ‘very happy’ to have him back. One – Hayat, a former model for Louis Vuitton – said there were jubilant scenes after his return on Friday.

She said: ‘We are very happy. The neighbours were not afraid to find out he was back. During the first and second day after he was released the streets were full of people coming to see him.

‘His family were coming from different cities to greet him. They were really happy that he is back. His mum was crying tears of joy. His siblings were really happy.’

She said el-Motassadeq had rarely emerged from the property, other than to greet relatives and attend mosque.

She continued: ‘We have been neighbours for years. I knew him before he went to Germany. He goes to the mosque to pray. There’s nothing suspicious. People come and see him and sleep over at his house.’

She said el-Motassadeq was ‘very well brought up’ and did not believe he had done anything wrong, adding: ‘I understand he was just friends with people who did.’ She said his parents were ‘very kind and pious’.

Hayat said el-Motassadeq’s wife, Maria Pavlova, a Russian Muslim convert, is a ‘stay-at-home mum’ who lives in the house with his mother and sister and her children. She added: ‘She wears the veil and does her prayer and is very kind.’

Miss Pavlova had lived with el-Motassadeq and their two children in an apartment in Hamburg, Germany, where they both studied before his arrest.

They had a third child together before he was jailed. They have a daughter, now 18 and at university, and two sons, 17 and 12.

El-Motassadeq was released on October 15 before completing his 15-year sentence on the condition he agreed to be deported to Morocco. This allows Germany to re-arrest him if he ever returns. It is understood he was meant to be released in January.

Escorted by special forces officers and snipers, he was blindfolded and shackled as he boarded a Puma helicopter from Fuhlsbuttel prison in Hamburg to Frankfurt.

He was flown on Royal Air Maroc flight AT811 to Casablanca the same evening.

Pictures taken on board showed him grinning as he sat in seat 31E during the commercial flight, flanked by two federal police officers, and was served chicken and vegetables alongside members of the public.

At the time, it had been unclear what would happen to him once he touched down in the North African country.

El-Motassadeq’s involvement in the September 11 attacks was the subject of five years of trials, with multiple convictions, appeals and overturned verdicts.

He had arrived in Germany as a 19-year-old student in 1993, and studied electrical engineering at Hamburg’s Technical University.

German prosecutors believe he met Mohamed Atta there and stayed friends with him while Atta founded a radical Islamic group with links to Al Qaeda.

El-Motassadeq was arrested in Germany two months after 9/11. Investigators discovered he had power of attorney over a bank account owned by Marwan al-Shehhi, the pilot of one of two planes flown into the World Trade Center.

He also arranged a bank transfer for some of the cell’s members and knew when they were in the US, where they acquired their flight training.

That led prosecutors to label him the group’s treasurer and an accomplice to their attacks.

He was first convicted in 2003 of membership of a terrorist organisation and 3,066 counts of accessory to murder related to the 9/11 deaths….

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Pin It on Pinterest