News Ticker >
[ July 20, 2019 ]

The Squad: A New Culture In Town

[ July 20, 2019 ]

Republicans introduce resolution to designate violent far-left Antifa ‘domestic terrorist organization’

[ July 20, 2019 ]

EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE Rise & Resist “No Raids. Close The Camps. Abolish ICE” NYC

[ July 19, 2019 ]

I say a little prayer on an open thread

[ July 19, 2019 ]

SECOND BRITISH TANKER SEIZED BY IRAN

[ July 19, 2019 ]

Brooklyn Muslim busted as HIGH RANKING ISLAMIC STATE SNIPER

[ July 19, 2019 ]

IRAN SEIZES BRITISH OIL TANKER

[ July 19, 2019 ]

Cow slaughtered in Home Depot parking lot ‘in accordance with Islamic law’

[ July 19, 2019 ]

As London burns, Jew-haters Corbyn and Khan Sign Letter Accusing Trump of ‘Racism’ Against Jihad...

[ July 19, 2019 ]

Journalist Travels to Ilhan Omar’s Homeland to Prove Somalia is Beautiful, Gets Killed by Muslim...

‘How is there a THIRTY-year-old man in our math class?’ ‘Asylum seeker’ pupil removed from high school

22

How stupid they assume Western governments are – and they’re right. And remember, these 30-year-old teens are tried as children, not adults, when they break the law.

‘How is there a THIRTY-year-old man in our maths class?’ ‘Asylum seeker’ pupil is removed from school and reported to the Home Office after parents and classmates claimed he was ‘lying about being 15 to get GCSEs’

  • The schoolboy, from the Middle East, started at Stoke High in Ipswich this year
  • He is alleged to told another GCSE student he is not 15 and is much older
  • Pupil posted Snapchat picture saying: ‘How’s there a 30-year-old man in maths?’
  • Parents have complained to the school who have now called in the Home Office 
  • The boy is claimed to have a bearded selfie on a now deleted Facebook profile

The schoolboy, from the Middle East, started at Stoke High School in Ipswich, Suffolk, having arrived in the UK unaccompanied earlier this year.

The pupil, who is now in Year 11 and studying for his GCSEs, is alleged to have told classmates that he is far older than his age on his documents.

This Snapchat post has led to the school referring the 15-year-old boy (pictured) to the Home Office to check his age after students claimed he had said he was 30

This Snapchat post has led to the school referring the 15-year-old boy (pictured) to the Home Office to check his age after students claimed he had said he was 30

One pupil posted a picture of the ‘boy’ in uniform in a classroom on Snapchat with a message saying: ‘How’s there a 30-year-old man in our maths class?’

Today the boy, who is claimed to have a bearded selfie on a now-deleted Facebook profile, has been pulled out of school after the headteacher referred him to the Home Office.

This has sparked an investigation by immigration officials who want to determine his age.

Mother Stacey Bonner, 31, wrote on Facebook before he was removed: ‘The school have confirmed to me by phone this morning that he is still attending school and there is nothing they can do until the Home Office prove his age.’

Lee Northcott added: ‘I am shocked and outraged that this has happened when my son and nephew attends this school.

How young asylum seekers are aged by height, facial hair and voice – but many are ‘given benefit of doubt’

Asylum seekers must be treated as an adult if their physical appearance and demeanour ‘very strongly suggests that they are significantly over 18 years of age’.

Assessments of physical appearance can include indicators of age such as height, build, facial hair and voice pitch.

When assessing demeanour, officials can take into account observations on the individual’s mannerisms, body posture and eye contact.

Instructions state age assessments cannot always provide the same degree of confidence about treating an individual as an adult or a child as can be provided by reliable documents, adding: ‘To allow for this, the principle of ‘the benefit of the doubt’ is applied.’

Earlier this year, a watchdog report revealed some local authorities had raised concerns the ‘benefit of the doubt’ policy was being applied ‘too readily’ in relation to unaccompanied asylum seeking children.

The report, published in March by the Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration, cited data indicating that from the start of July 2016 to the end of June 2017, the Home Office had raised 705 age disputes.

Of the 618 resolved, 402 (65%) claimants were found to be over 18 and 216 (35%) were found to be children.

Age verification processes came under scrutiny in 2016 when teenagers were transferred to the UK from Calais following the closure of the ‘Jungle’ refugee camp.

Controversy erupted when Tory MP David Davies claimed some arrivals ‘don’t look like children to me’.

‘They need to get to the bottom of this and get it resolved as soon as possible.’

A woman whose younger brother is at the school told MailOnline the pupil looks more like one of the parents than a 15-year-old boy.

She said she was stunned how he got a place at the school when he had facial hair.

She said: It’s quite worrying for us, how this has been allowed to happen. We aren’t being told anything. The school has been really secretive about it’.

The woman added: ‘I am amazed he managed to get a place at the school in the first place. He looks more like one of the parents’.

Parents of other pupils have called for him to be removed from the school, saying it is obvious that he has lied about his age to stay in the UK and get an education.

Some have threatened on social media to withdraw their children from the 680-pupil school in protest.

The pupil is believed to have had his age assessed by being asked question by immigration officials when he apparently arrived in the UK without paperwork after travelling via Germany.

As a result of concerns expressed by parents, the school which is run by the Ormiston Academies Trust has now asked the Home Office to investigate.

The pupil is said to have now taken down his Facebook page which allegedly showed a profile picture of him with a beard, taking a selfie.

One mother, whose son is in the same year, said: ‘Parents at the school have been pulling their children out of school left right and centre. Looking at photos of this man, he is clearly older than 30.

‘How can someone like this be eating with children, changing with children and learning with our children while pretending to be a teenager?

‘He could be harmless but he could also be a dangerous man. I am terrified to think what would happen if he started a relationship with a young girl who thought he was her age.

 

Stoke High School has today pulled the boy out of class as they try to determine his age

‘My son has always said that he looks older and he says the man does not even speak English. He sits in the class but cannot speak or learn

‘What makes it worse is that the school has made no contact with any of the parents or called us in for a meeting yet we are all up in arms and worried about our children’s health and safety.

‘Something needs to be done and soon because this is likely to be happening all over the country and the Home Office is doing very little to help.

‘Undocumented people are being let into our country and no tests are being done to find out their age. I won’t have my son studying with a 30-year-old man.’

Mothers commenting on the case included Stacey Bonner (left) and another calling herself Hollie Dayinn (right)

Others took to social media to share their views.

Caroline Wilson is the executive principal of Stoke High School – Ormiston Academy, which has 668 students 

>Caroline Wilson is the executive principal of Stoke High School – Ormiston Academy, which has 668 students

One mother, calling herself Hollie Dayinn, said: ‘So my son’s school now let’s (sic) in ’30 year old men’ claiming to be a 14 year old.

‘He’s been there since the start of last term. That’s some huge security breach, apparently he sits on a bench at break times close to where a group of girls hang out just looking.

‘Stoke High School, Ipswich, I applaud you. The school have failed to even send a email regarding this even though it’s all over.

‘So unless you contact the school and wait for a call back it’s basically trying to be swept under the carpet.

‘I’m p****d off with the school and the authorities for their inability to address this. It is a huge security breach these situations should be looked at closely.’

Stoke High School is an co-educational academy in Ipswich, Suffolk with 668 students.

The school which is rated ‘requires improvement’ by Ofsted gained Academy status in 2013.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest