The more I read on Islam, the more concerned I have become of its threat to democracies everywhere. I truly understand how it is that the people in Islamic nations cannot question Islam for fear of death, but I cannot for the life of me see how an educated person can fall victim to this falsehood. I thank Anwar Shaikh for my awakening to Islam being an imperialistic doctrine, as opposed to a religion. “Freedom Is Not Free,” and it takes vigilance to keep it free. In the past, I spent many hours contacting American Congressmen to get our country off dependence on Middle Eastern oil. Fortunately, America is now a major exporter of oil and gas.
There is no such a thing as “Islam” one can reform and find a way to make moderate. There are numerous Islams. One and all are extreme and not in the least amenable to change. Keep in mind that Islam claims that it is the perfect eternal faith for mankind. Splits have occurred and will continue to occur in Islam. Yet a Reformation-style change has not happened in nearly 1400 years, and is not going to happen, and will never occur. Islam is carved in granite just the way it is. No change. Allah’s book is sealed.
There are indeed some Muslims who are moderate in the way they practice their faith. These people, for the most part, are cultural Muslims. They don’t practice Islam the way it is mandated. They pick and choose. Therefore, “moderate Islam” is like being moderately pregnant. It is not possible. The only way to deal with the menace of real Islam, the jihadist variety, is to fully dismantle it and relegate it to the confines of museums.
My relentless search took me to numerous sources, with all kinds of explanations. Some praised Islam, specifically Shiite Islam, to high heaven and presented their evidence in support of this adulation, never mind the fact that even Shiite Islam is fractured into no less than one hundred different sects.
I found the house of Muhammad fractured so extensively that there was no way any one of them could represent what Muhammad launched. The Sunnis, for instance, consider all Shiites infidels, and the Shiites label Sunnis as betrayer of Muhammad’s faith and his household.
Beginning with the Constitution’s adoption, America has been a republic. But the dominant trend over the last two centuries has been to call it a democracy. A woman asked Benjamin Franklin what type of government the Constitution was bringing into existence. Franklin replied, “A republic, if you can keep it.” Democracy is the guardian of our liberty. Embedded in democracy are provisions that can make it implode from within. Democracy also has its own guardian: a resolutely vigilant, proactive and ethical citizenry.
What can be done? Is there a way of resisting and reversing the imminent coming Islamic assault on our most cherished right of liberty?
Here are some suggestions:
- Become an active worker for liberty, instead of a passive, non-caring, devil-may-care nihilist. Many Europeans are already paying the price of non-caring complacency as Islam is rapidly gaining greater and greater power, and casting its suffocating pall on their lives.
- Interact with Muslims in your locality and try to wean them away from Islam by pointing out how the Quran and the clergy are enslaving them in a defunct ideology of intolerance, backwardness and death.
- Use the political process, while it is still responsive to the demands and wishes of freedom-loving people, by supporting laws that guard freedom and reject those that infringe on liberty.
- Actively support political candidates who are deeply committed to the tenets of freedom.
- Run for office, any office. Encourage your friends and other liberty advocates to pitch in and help in any way they can.
- Hold to account those politicians who sell themselves to Islamic advocacy groups and promote Islam. These for-hire politicians will do anything they can to keep their position, power and benefits from generous financial backing of Islamic groups.
- Be an active educator by informing others about the creeping danger of Islam. Islam is seriously eroding the very foundation of liberty by a variety of means. Powerful moneyed Islamic organizations threaten anyone who dares to criticize Islam with ruinous lawsuits (CAIR).
- Contribute money, small or large amounts, to causes and individuals who are fighting to preserve liberty. As the old saying goes, freedom is not free.
In short, liberty is your most prized possession, and democracy is the shield that protects it. Yet this shield of democracy is vulnerable, and needs to be repaired and strengthened on a regular basis. I am calling on you, the individual freedom-loving person, to play your part in the defense of freedom; not only for your sake, but also for mine and all others who cherish this precious blessing of life.
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.