News Ticker >
[ May 18, 2019 ]

Saturday Night Cinema: Seven days in May

[ May 18, 2019 ]

Freeloading Fraud Fran Lebowitz: Maybe the Saudis Can Give Trump the Khashoggi Treatment (Dismembered)

[ May 18, 2019 ]

Salon.com Is Going out of Business 😊

[ May 18, 2019 ]

List of People Attacked, Smeared By Terror-Tied CAIR On TV This Month

[ May 18, 2019 ]

Doctor Faces Firing For Treating Muslim child

[ May 18, 2019 ]

Democrat Prez Hopeful Pete Buttigieg: Christianity Has Extremist Factions like Islam

[ May 18, 2019 ]

Three states, including two big ones for the 2020 election, just set new lows for...

[ May 18, 2019 ]

Pompeo to John Kerry: ‘You’re Not Secretary of State Anymore’

[ May 18, 2019 ]

WATCH: Muslims attack Australians at polling booth

[ May 18, 2019 ]

SHOCKING Australia Election Results: Australia’s Conservative Party Seizes Stunning Win

Oman: Husband who survived when car killed his wife and another British woman says “it was a terrorist attack targeting tourists”

24

The modus operandi of this Omani driver accords with the jihadi imperative of running over non-Muslims with cars, as the Islamic State (ISIS) has called upon Muslims to do. The Royal Oman Police are insisting that this was an accident, but of course they have every reason to do so: if they admit that it was a case of vehicular jihad, tourism to Oman will decline, as other Brits will opt to go elsewhere. And so the worst part of this, aside from the murders themselves, is that Eric Lindley is almost certainly not going to get justice. It was an “accident,” so there will be no prosecution of the perpetrator.

“‘It was deliberate… it was murder’: Husband, 70, who survived when car ran over and killed his wife and another British woman in Oman says it ‘WAS a terrorist attack targeting tourists,'” by Charlie Moore, Mailonline, October 22, 2018:

Two British women killed when a car smashed into them in Oman were murdered by a terrorist, a victim’s widower who survived the attack has claimed.

Audrey Lindley, 69, and an unknown woman were killed while on a coach trip during an ‘Authentic Arabia’ cruise in the Middle East last month.

The pair were stepping off a coach in Salalah when they were hit by a car after its 22-year-old unlicenced driver veered into the wrong lane.

Mrs Lindley’s 70-year-old husband Eric, who survived the crash and is recovering in his hometown of Ossett, West Yorkshire, has now claimed the driver targeted westerners in an act of terrorism.

His nephew Andrew told The Times: ‘Eric is certain that it was deliberate. He has a clear recollection of what happened.

‘He had got off the coach and was walking towards the back when the car sped up and crashed into him.

‘Then he saw the driver continue and deliberately hit his wife and the other woman… it was murder.’

Oman’s ministry of tourism said the deaths were a ‘painful and tragic accident’.

The victims were travelling on the Boudicca, a Fred Olsen Cruise Line, from Aqaba in Jordan to Abu Dhabi when they died on September 27.

In a statement published on its website, Fred Olsen Cruises said: ‘Royal Oman Police preliminary reports suggest the cause of the accident was the driver’s deviation from his lane.

‘The driver also did not hold a driving licence. Further investigations into the accident are ongoing.’

The women were on the 14-night ‘Authentic Arabia’ fly cruise, which left Jordan on September 20.

Thousands of Brits visit Oman every year, and the Foreign Office says most visits are trouble-free.

But it warns: ‘You should maintain a high level of security awareness and take care in public places and on the roads.

‘Driving can be dangerous outside Muscat; there is a risk of hitting wandering camels and goats on the road. Rainfall can cause sudden and severe flooding in dry riverbeds and on roads that cross them.

‘The standard of Omani roads is generally good. Driving standards in Oman are not always as disciplined as those in the UK, and the rate of traffic accidents in Oman is significantly higher.’…

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest