Looks just like the invasion of Europe. And we know how that went.
The U.S. military is preparing to deploy several thousand troops to California, Arizona and Texas, CBS News has confirmed, as President Trump ramps up his response to the caravan of migrants approaching the U.S.
The initial could be in the thousands., named Operation Faithful Patriot, calls for sending 1,800 troops to Texas, 1,200 to Arizona and 1,500 to California. However, officials say no final decisions have been made. Three U.S. officials say the number of military troops deployed to the southern border in support of the Customs and Border Patrol
The president previewed the deployment Monday morning with a tweet that said the caravan is “an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!” “Please go back,” he said.
Mr. Trump has long blasted illegal immigration and touted the importance of border security, and he has been focused on the caravan in recent days, calling the matter “a great Republican issue” ahead of the midterms.
Mr. Trump has fumed over the caravan of thousands approaching the U.S., claiming “unknown Middle Easterners” and criminals are in the crowd. Pressed on what proof he had “Middle Easterners” were in the crowd…... (CBS)
The president has also threatened to cut off aid to some Central American countries for failing to stop the migrants within their borders.
THREE migrant caravans continue their march through southern Mexico on their 1,000-mile trek to the US border
- First caravan, which has shrunk from 7,000 to 4,000 participants, reached Juchitan, Mexico, Tuesday, more than 700 miles southeast of Mexico City
- A smaller second caravan of Central Americans entered Tapachula, Mexico, and camped out in the town’s main plaza
- A third group from El Salvador crossed the bridge connecting Guatemala and Mexico and legally entered Ciudad Hidalgo
- Pentagon announced it would send 5,200 active-duty troops to the US-Mexico border
By Associated Press and Snejana Farberov For Dailymail.com, 30 October 2018:
More than 1,000 migrants in a second caravan that forced its way across the river from Guatemala have now reached the southern Mexico city of Tapachula on their long journey to the US.
The first contingents began arriving to camp out in Tapachula’s main plaza on Tuesday.
Gerbert Hinestrosa, 54, of Santa Barbara in Honduras, is traveling with his wife and teenage son. He said he realizes how hard it will be to make it to the US border.
‘Right now I feel good,’ he said. ‘We have barely started, but I think it is going to be very difficult.’
The first, larger caravan numbering 4,000 also passed through Tapachula about 10 days ago, and now is about 250 miles ahead, in the Oaxaca state city of Juchitan, which was devastated by an earthquake in September last year.
Migrants along the highway on Tuesday have been stuffing themselves into truck beds and sprinting alongside semi-trailer rigs, trying to grab hold and pull themselves up.
Levin Guillen, 23, of Corinto in Honduras, said he’s been getting threats from the same people who killed his father 18 years ago, and he hopes to reach an aunt who lives in Los Angeles. The farmer said he wants a chance to work and live in peace.
In his words, ‘We just want to a way to get to our final goal, which is the border.’
When told that President Donald Trump has ordered 5,200 troops to the border, he replied: ‘According to what they say, we are not going to be very welcome at the border, but we’re going to try.’
Meanwhile, a group of Salvadoran migrants numbering about 500 on Tuesday reached Tecun Uman, Guatemala, and proceeded to cross the international border bridge into Ciudad Hidalgo, Mexico.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.