Canadian husband turned her into sex slave, failed refugee claimant testifies


This is an extraordinary but seemingly unimportant news story, judging from the absence of news coverage save for this one local report. Nothing that ever reflects badly on the migrant community gets ink. No matter how savage the crime.

Why is he not being charged with slavery and trafficking?

Canadian reader Karl said, “Windsor is to Ontario what Dearborn is to Michigan.”

Quick note: Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. We will not waver. We will not tire. We will not falter, and we will not fail. Freedom will prevail.

Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.

Follow me on Gettr. I am there, click here. It's open and free.

Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.

Canadian husband turned her into sex slave, failed refugee claimant testifies

Desperate to stay in Canada, a failed refugee claimant married a Canadian man who turned her into his sex slave, a Windsor court heard Tuesday.

The man, who can’t be named to protect the identity of his wife, would demand sex three to four times a day, the Nigerian woman testified.

“If I don’t agree, he says he is going to call immigration and have me deported… I just have to do what he wants me to do.”

The man is on trial, charged with three counts of sexual assault, three counts of extortion and one count of assault stemming from incidents alleged to have occurred in the two months following their May 2015 marriage.

If we had let her, she would have run out into traffic and been killed

In questioning the woman in court Tuesday, defence lawyer Ken Marley suggested the woman got married to avoid deportation and made up the claims of sexual assault and extortion to stay in the country. The woman denied the suggestion, but agreed she went on the online dating site Plenty of Fish to find a husband after her refugee claim and two subsequent appeals were denied.

By virtue of being a Crown witness in the case, the woman got temporary resident status. She testified she expects to now get permanent status in Canada.

The woman said she came to Canada to save her 13-year-old daughter from having her genitals mutilated in a ceremony known as female circumcision. Girls have been known to bleed to death, the woman said.

During the ceremony, the blood of the girl’s mother must be smeared on the walls, the woman explained. If she never returns to Nigeria, the ceremony can’t take place.

But a tribunal of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada denied the woman’s claim, saying if she truly had wanted to save her daughter, she would not have left her behind in Nigeria.

The woman came to Canada in January 2013 with a fake passport. She testified that as soon as she landed in Montreal, she immediately told immigration officials her real identity to start a refugee claim.

She was detained for several weeks until she obtained documents from Nigeria to confirm her identity, she said. She was released pending the outcome of her refugee claim.

The woman didn’t want to endure another Montreal winter, so she moved to the Toronto suburb of Etobicoke, and later, Brampton.

That’s where she was living when in 2015, she went on Plenty of Fish looking for “a serious man ready to settle down,” she testified. In May, she met the man from Windsor and had sex with him in his hotel room that night.

They got a marriage licence six days later.

The man helped her move her belongings to Windsor and they married at city hall.

She was 32. He was 46.

The woman described her marriage as “pains.” Her husband would demand oral sex daily in addition to intercourse. If she refused or complained she was too tired, he would threaten to call her immigration lawyer and rescind his sponsorship application.

He wanted to go camping at Algonquin Park and she agreed to go along. For five days, she ate nothing but crackers, she said. Her husband constantly demanded sex there, too. Once after having intercourse in the tent, he wanted her to go for a walk in the forest. There he forced her to have sex on a fallen tree and recorded it on his phone to show his friends, she testified.

She got poison ivy.

When they returned to Windsor, he forced her to come to work with him at a packing house in Leamington and wait in the car for 8½ hours. He wanted her there for oral sex during his breaks, she testified.

Her husband expected her to perform oral sex on him while he was driving. He would threaten to call the police if she refused.

She testified that’s what happened on July 30, 2015, when police were called to her husband’s silver Chevy Cavalier parked on the side of Highway 401.

When officers arrived, she tried to dart into traffic to commit suicide.

OPP officer Rene Tamminga testified Tuesday he was called to the westbound lanes of Highway 401 near County Road 31 that day for what was described as a “mobile domestic.”

The woman was seated in the back seat of the car. Her husband had called police. Tamminga said the woman told him her husband had broken her cellphone.

Tamminga said when he tried to get the woman into his cruiser to have a conversation away from her husband, the woman believed she was about to be arrested.

“She became extremely hysterical.”

The woman pleaded with Tamminga and his partner to shoot her.

She kept trying to get away from them, running into the ditch then toward the road.

“If we had let her, she would have run out into traffic and been killed,” Tamminga told the court.

The officers tackled her and forced her into the cruiser for her own safety.

They called an ambulance and she was held in the Chatham-Kent hospital under the Mental Health Act before being placed in a women’s shelter in Windsor.

The woman, who started her testimony with the help of a Yoruba interpreter, said she preferred to testify in English.

“I liked the way he talked to me,” she said of why she married her husband. “I thought he was a man of God.”

The trial continues before Superior Court Justice Paul Howard.

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Pin It on Pinterest