News Ticker >
[ May 22, 2019 ]

Muslim Lawmakers Host Ramadan Feast For the First Time Ever at U.S. Capital

[ May 22, 2019 ]

Terror-Tied CAIR Demands L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti Apologize for Supporting Jerusalem Embassy

[ May 22, 2019 ]

American Taliban Abu Sulayman (John Walker Lindh), who fought and killed US soldiers, set to...

[ May 22, 2019 ]

FBI may be forced to turn over charts they have on “statutory violations” that were...

[ May 22, 2019 ]

Cannes Movie Poster Features First Lady Carrying Donald Trump’s Severed Head

[ May 22, 2019 ]

FBI and DOJ Brass Had Exculpatory Evidence to Absolve Trump Campaign and Withheld It from...

[ May 21, 2019 ]

WATCH Muslim singer: ‘On Judgment Day, we will all kill Jews’

[ May 21, 2019 ]

Crimes, deaths, and attacks during Ramadan 2019 – updated daily

[ May 21, 2019 ]

Terror-tied CAIR wants college board president fired for “racist” Facebook posts

[ May 21, 2019 ]

Muslim Shoot-Out at Islamic Society of Tampa Bay Parking Lot During Ramadan event leaves one...

TERROR WINS: Philippines surrenders to jihad wars, grants Muslim terrorists autonomous Islamic (terror) state

190

After decades of jihad and Islamic terror, the Philippine government has surrendered to Muslim terrorists and created an Islamic state, richly rewarding the terrorists. The government may believe this will end the bloodshed, but Islamic history proves otherwise. It’s just beginning — an autonomous Islamic terror state.

70-year-old German hostage Jurgen Gustav Kantner was beheaded by Philippine jihadis

More: Philippines jihad.

7 kidnapped loggers found beheaded by jihadis in Philippines

Philippines: Islamic State forces women to become sex slaves and orders hostages to convert to Islam

Beheaded Bodies Of Filipino Civilians Discovered, Butchered By ISIS Jihadis

After Decades of Muslim Insurgency, Philippines Gives Them Autonomous Region

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has signed legislation creating a new Muslim autonomous region aimed at settling nearly half a century of Muslim unrest in the south, where troops crushed an attempt last year by Islamic State group-linked militants to turn a city into a stronghold.

Presidential spokesman Harry Roque and another key aide, Bong Go, told reporters without elaborating late Thursday that Duterte signed the bill creating the region, to be called Bangsamoro. The autonomy deal, which has been negotiated for more than two decades under four presidents, was ratified earlier this week by both chambers of Congress.

“This is to announce that the president has just signed the BOL into law,” Roque said in a cellphone message, referring to the Bangsamoro organic law.

It’s the latest significant attempt by the government to end Muslim fighting that has left more than 120,000 people dead and hampered development in the country’s most destitute regions. The deal was negotiated with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, the largest Muslim rebel group in the south, although about half a dozen smaller IS-linked radical groups remain a threat in the region, the homeland of minority Muslims in the largely Roman Catholic nation.

Al Haj Murad Ebrahim, chairman of the Moro rebel front, told a news conference Tuesday that 30,000 to 40,000 armed fighters would be “decommissioned” if the autonomy deal is fully enforced. The disarming would be done in batches based on compliance with the accord, with the final 40 percent of the guerrillas turning over their weapons once there is full compliance.

Murad added that six of the largest guerrilla camps in the south were already being converted into “productive civilian communities” to help the insurgents return to normal life.

Murad appealed to the international community to contribute to a trust fund to be used to finance the insurgents’ transition from decades of waging one of Asia’s longest rebellions.

“We will decommission our forces, the entire forces,” Murad said. He declined to immediately cite the number of weapons that “will be put beyond use.”

The military has estimated the Moro rebel group’s size at a much lower 11,000 fighters.

The Bangsamoro replaces an existing poverty- and conflict-wracked autonomous region and is to be larger, better-funded and more powerful. An annual grant, estimated at 60 billion to 70 billion pesos ($1.1 billion to $1.3 billion), is to be set aside to bolster development in the new region.

Murad’s guerrilla force is the second in the south to drop a demand for a separate Muslim state in exchange for autonomy. The Moro National Liberation Front forged a 1996 peace deal with the government that led to the current five-province Muslim autonomous region, which has largely been regarded as a failure.

Western governments have welcomed the autonomy pacts. They worry that small numbers of Islamic State group-linked militants from the Middle East and Southeast Asia could forge an alliance with Filipino insurgents and turn the south into a breeding ground for extremists.

Murad said it’s crucial for the peace agreement to be fully enforced, citing how earlier failed attempts prompted some guerrillas to break away and form more hard-line groups like the Abu Sayyaf, a brutal group listed by the United States and the Philippines as a terrorist organization.

Hundreds of militants, including those who broke off from Murad’s force, were among black flag-waving fighters who swore allegiance to the Islamic State group and laid siege to the southern Islamic city of Marawi last year. Troops backed by U.S. and Australian surveillance aircraft routed the militants after five months of airstrikes and ground assaults that left more than 1,200 people, mostly Islamic fighters, dead and the mosque-studded city in ruins.

“We can roughly conclude that all these splinter groups are a result of the frustration with the peace process,” Murad said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest