News Ticker >
[ September 15, 2019 ]

HATE IN FLATBUSH: Swastikas Found At School Yard

[ September 15, 2019 ]

.@Ilhan Omar: Boycotting the Jews (BDS) Will Lead to the Peace Process

[ September 15, 2019 ]

The UK Supreme Court will decide Johnson and Brexit’s fate

[ September 15, 2019 ]

WATCH: “Palestinian” father shoots gun off by newborn son’s head to prepare him for jihad

[ September 15, 2019 ]

Bernie’s Keynote Validates ISNA’s Sharia Totalitarian “Vision” For America

[ September 15, 2019 ]

New York: Hofsta University Student Describes HORRIFIC Antisemitic Experiences on Campus

[ September 15, 2019 ]

Israel Wants to Help Gazans Emigrate (Part 1)

[ September 15, 2019 ]

Couple Imprisoned in Iran While Trying to Dispel Its “Bad Rap” Are the Latest Victims...

[ September 14, 2019 ]

Saturday Night Cinema: Town Without Pity

[ September 14, 2019 ]

WATCH: Horrifying Attack Unfolds On Man By Somali Mob In Ilhan Omar’s District

More Than 23,000 People Are a Terror Threat to UK, Home Office Says, on London Bridge Attack Ceremony

17

A recent report from top intelligence and law enforcement officials shows that the United Kingdom is home to more than 23,000 people who are direct threats to the safety and security of the rest of the citizenry.

The threat assessment comes just as the region if recognizing its anniversary of the devastating London Bridge terror attacks.

According to the Home Office, about 3,000 of these 23,000 identified individuals are actually plotting hundreds of terror hits right now.

From The Mirror:

More than 23,000 people are a terror threat to the UK, the Home Office revealed …

About 3,000 of them are “subjects of interest” plotting 500 outrages.

A further 20,000 individuals have been investigated and had their cases closed but may still pose a threat.

Police and the security services have foiled 25 Islamist plots since June 2013 — 12 since March last year.

The figures were released a year to the day three terrorists inspired by Islamic State killed eight people and wounded 48 at London Bridge and Borough Market.

The terrorists drove a van into crowds then jumped out to stab people before police shot them dead.

The Home Office expects the UK threat level to remain “severe” — meaning an attack is highly likely — for the next two years.

A sennior counter-terror officer urged the public to remain vigilant.

Several leading U.K. officials made remarks on the anniversary. More, from Dispatchist:

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Dean Haydon said: “The police and security services are working extremely hard, foiling and disrupting terrorist attacks all the time.”

Home Secretary Sajid Javid will tomorrow announce new measures to strengthen anti-terror operations.

Today, survivors of the London Bridge atrocity were due to be joined by bereaved families, emergency service staff and politicians for a remembrance service at Southwark Cathedral.

The best way to stop terrorists achieving their aims is to stand by our values of tolerance and fairness.”

Prime Minister Theresa May said:

The attack on London Bridge and Borough Market was a cowardly attempt to strike at the heart of our freedoms by targeting people enjoying their Saturday night with friends and family.

The many stories of courage that night will always stay with me – such as Ignacio Echeverria, who died after confronting the terrorists with the only thing he had, his skateboard.

Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn, said:

Today our thoughts are with the families and loved ones of the eight people who died in the London Bridge terror attack last year.

I was honoured to present a Pride of Britain award to PC Wayne Marques who risked his life in the attack to protect others.

And I pay tribute to our brave emergency service personnel who are the first to respond to these horrific acts and put themselves on the line to keep us safe, day in day out.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest